Thread: lumpy throat

lumpy throat

Hello all. This is my first posting although I have been reading messages for quite a while now. My latest health worry is that I have had a sore throat for 5 or 6 days now and I looked in my mouth with a torch (why did I do it!) and noticed on the right hand side where my tonsils are - or thats where I think as I had them taken out when I was 5- there is a kind of lumpy patch, almost like a tiny little bunch of grapes. There was also a tiny little ulcer there. And now I am worrying that its some sort of growth or tumour. There is nothing on the other side.

I even went down to the local walk-in medical centre and two nurses there had a look and couldnt see what I was going on about. Just said that my throat looked a little bit red. So I have been having a bit of a panic about it. I know that its probably just an infection and my husband says that it looks normal to him and that his throat has loads of lumps and bumps in it. What do you think.

The crazy thing is that I have just had an mri scan on my head and neck due after 4 months of dizzyness and headaches and I am not greatly bothered about it. I think that I am just overly sensitive at the moment as I was quite concerned about the head thing for a while so that when I noticed this thing in my throat that was it - off I went panicking like an idiot. I dont want to bother my doc about this if I am just being silly, which I know I probably am. I could kick myself for getting that torch and investigating.

Regards LT

I can seriously say that I can go to the mirror now, look in my mouth and I'd find exactly the same as what you have found. I had my tonsils out a few years ago and there always seems to be lumps or bumps, ulcery type things at the back of my throat. Its nothing to worry about. I checked it out with my doctor and he said that it was normal. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Take Care

anxiety 26, you are right, this is normal i have it.

i hope we can reassure you that it is nothing
    jackie

it is hard not to worry but i really think everyone but gillian mckieth(you are what you eat health food fanatic about pooh and tongue woman) has it
    jackie

Just an update. I felt so much better having read your replies but I just couldn't leave it alone could I and I've just come back from the docs who said my throat looked ok. He was not one of the usual doctors but he seemed to know what he was talking about. So why do I not feel much better. I have been crying ever since I got back. Of course I knew deep down that it was nothing to worry about and I thought that if i went I would feel better but I dont. I felt a bit daft being there to start with and couldnt bring myself to talk about my anxiety. I just need to calm down, get things in perspective and forget about it. I know I will get over this and feel better soon. Just need to occupy my mind a bit more.

Thread Information