Thread: lonely

lonely

Hey all im new here. I really dont know what to do anymore, im a 20 year old male with a loving stable family life but everything else has gone to shit, I failed at school by getting bullied all the time, have no qualifications, a really bad job and no social life. I have since suffered from depression since 12 years old followed by mild anxiety which then follows by severe anger. I started smoking pot at the age of 14 right through till now at the age of 20 where I have quit for a week. The only reason I quit was so that I didnt feel the guilt as none of my family condone any drug use. Since quitting this past week I have resorted to drink with my intake going up all the time. Some people cut themselves however I use pot which numbs me down and keeps my mind entertained. Im lost without it and im really feeling the burn and anger coming out. I have been to the doctors two years ago and I really dont want to resort to anti deppressants or speak to someone face to face about my problems, my lack of social life is tearing me apart and I dont know what to do anymore. thanks for reading :(

Re: lonely

Hi Lonewolf1990

I think you're doing really well to join here- this can be a very social site.

I wish I could offer so advice but I don't have a social life ! I wanted to say hi and let you know I am here for you .

Hello,
    I know how you feel,,,i felt the ame a little, but sometimes you have to except the help because it's the only way you can get better. I'm now on anti-depresents, see the nurse and the shrink,,,i'm not ashamed of that because feeling like you do now is no fun,,,is it????
    These things will make you feel better, and will help you slowley start to adjust to life again. You will get a lot out of this site too,,,because there are lots in the same position as you,,,lots who have gone through what your going through now,,,
    I wish you all the best with your recovery,,,,
    Regards Redrainbow.

i can understand.
    i smoke it to sometimes, it gets your mind away from the thoughts and worries, but try stopping it for a bit, maybe a week or so, and notice how sharp your thinking will get.
    im not a doctor LOL, but i agree when they say it could increase anxiety (its when you run out)...but i totally understand where your coming from, everybody needs to escape sometimes.

hello. thought i'd reply as i'm the same age as you (well 20 in august, so pretty much the same age)
    sounds like you've had a hell of a lot of bad luck. BUT, we are still so young. and as difficult as it sounds we need to try and move on and learn from and try and accept everything that has happened in the past and make the best out of the future that we can. try and tackle each problem individually.....
    you might hate being on antidepressants but maybe they will be necessary in the short term to cheer you up a bit. then when you're cheered up a bit how about going back and getting some qualifications? if not then try and think about what you would really like to do as a job, and then see what qualifications are needed, if any and just go for it.
    and then, how about joining in a local team for a sport or something? a good way to meet people and it would be fun and good exercise too.
    therapy is probably also really good idea, and although it may seem like they are judging you, they are professionals and will do everything they can to try and help you.

you're really lucky you have such a loving family there to support you, and i'm sure they will try and help you in every way they can to make your life happier.

i would say try and ease off the pot and alcohol as it will inevitably lead to more problems, if not now then down the line.

hope this helps, wish i could be as rational with myself!!

i watch this video everytime i feel down, hopefully it will make you feel a bit better as it does for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZuKF3dxCY

Thank you all for your kind comments and support, I was expecting to hear nothing from anybody haha as my only social life is work. Its good to see some people have a heart

@ragdoll, very inspirational video, makes me feel a tad selfish but also happiness for that poor guy. thanks for sharing

Thread Information