Thread: Here we go again.

Here we go again.

Bad day today it has been building up over the last two days and wham today I am useless! I still find it hard to accept that even though I am on medication I still get some bad days, so I suppose if I was not on the medication every day would be bad.

I have having sight trouble again, especially with bright places i.e PC, white walls etc it is like I have loads of floaters and I keep wiping my eyes to move them (wierd) most days I can ignore them and move on but not today, I have googled, cried, goodled again and finally came on here. Just coming on this site really helps and helps me try and re focus. It is 3:30pm and I have nothing constructive but feel sorry for myself, need a good kick up the back side today.

It would be nice to just wake up with no Health Anxiety worries, will that ever be possible?

Sorry to whinge, I feel very selfish going on like this.

Re: Here we go again.

hiya and im sorry u feeling down, the best thing for this is to keep busy and not give yourself to much thinking time hun. big hugs and try to stay positive and set your self little goals each day and try to stick to a daily routine ie gettin up certain time, shower, breakfast, chores, work etc just to stop u going on a downer and also try to eat little and often with healthy foods and abit of exercise works real well too, it did with me i walk every day and got rid of my depression and alot of my anxietys xxxx

When you say floaters what do you actually mean?

Hey

Oh its just the worse when HA comes and bites us on the butt!

Please don't google (advice I really should follow :-)). We are always going to have good days and bad days.

Don't feel selfish, I have just recovered from a real bad bout of HA, I am still worrying, but am better than I was.

Anyway, I am thinking of you and hope you feel yourself again soon. Read a book, bath, music, anything to take your mind of it

xxx

I can and will get through this....

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    When you say floaters what do you actually mean?

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...articleId=162#

I've had them all my life. They've been a pain recently though especially when i'm on the computer.

Thanks for your replys, it does really help.

Trixie I describe them as floaters but not really sure what it is, it is as if walls and bright spaces have texture to them. It is not blurry or fuzzy but very strange I have been to two opticians and to an eye doctor and they dont seemed worried about it.

I have glasses (very mild) as I am long sighted in one eye only. The last optician told me to wear them all the time and it is has helped and most days I ignore it but some days it drives me mad.

If I google it I think I have a brain tumor or some other brain disease, mad I know but I wish my eyesight was normal again.

Hi there. I remember the first time i had a floater, I majorly FREAKED OUT!! At work as well! All sorts of visual disturbances are normal with anxiety- I've lost my hearing before believe it or not!

Hang on in there mate,

Siobhan x

Quote Originally Posted by noonoo View Post
    http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles...articleId=162#

I've had them all my life. They've been a pain recently though especially when i'm on the computer.

Oh those type of floaters I thought you were talking about the other type that can affect the eye.

Thanks for the link for the NHS site. I call them floaters as that is the best way I can describe them but they never seem to go away and they are in both eyes. I am trying not to worry about it but did not sleep well last night which makes things worst.

Though I am on a course for the next two days which should be a good distraction.

Thanks for all your replys. Have a good day

Firstly DON'T google things you are anxious about, it makes you 10X worse.

Secondly, I don't think you're moving your eyes when you feel them.

Thing is with my anxiety, they're all proper irrational thoughts. I know most peoples on here are, but mine are mostly impossible. I though that behind my eyes were filling up with water and pushing them out. When I'm anxious, I thought I could move my eyes, I was even trying to push them back in at one point. o.0 ... My eyes would feel like they were bulging out more than normal when I felt them, but looked normal in the mirror.

When my panic and anxiety has subsided I've tried doing the moving thing with my eyes again, and it doesn't work. Idk how .. But when I'm really anxious, everything feels different to me.

I'm just saying that's probably all it is, I know a few people who've done similar things and said things feel different when you're anxious and examining yourself.

Don't know if this has helped much, but tis my point of view

Good luck, Emz xxxxx

Thread Information