Thread: Floaty/lightheaded feeling in head while sleeping

Floaty/lightheaded feeling in head while sleeping

While I was falling asleep and this feeling even woke me up from sleep I felt as if i was floating. . like my head was floating and felt very very lightheaded and dizzy. . to get out of that feeling i had to open my eyes and kinda wake up but i was sooo tired i needed sleep so i;d fall asleep and i could even feel this in my dreams and felt half awake in my dreams. . This feeling was so scary. Is it that i wasn't getting enough oxygen in my brain?? Thats so scary. I just kept getting it while trying to sleep and its the most uncomfortable feeling ever. My breathing was different too. When I'd get this feeling i checked in with my breathing and I felt like i wasn't breathing or was going to stop breathing. Now my head feels very heavy and sore a little. Why does this crap always happen to me?! Once i get over a symptom i get a new one. But i feel like something is seriously wrong. . like i am not getting enough air or something! has anyone felt this way ever??

Re: Floaty/lightheaded feeling in head while sleeping

yes i have i thats why i went to the ER i would get this feeling then i would panic and get really dizzy and when i get to the er my bp is up and i feel pressure in my head and they did ct scan and didn't find notthing. right now im feeling that pressure in my head but i think its from being dizzy for 3 days. While sleeping i use to check my pulse caues it was ether racing or to low. hope you feel better.
    gordean

Yes I feel a lot of pressure in my head right now. It's weird. So is this anxiety or can i have a highlow blood pressure?? It is scary. I have noticed the past 2 weeks I have felt light headed but it wouldn't last too long and whenever I get up from sitting down i always feel super dizzy.

yes I also feel like this, I also get a sudden loud buzzing noise going in my ear and through my head which always started a panic attack off, now im used to it and it only happens when im stressed, I still freeze for a few seconds but remain calm [ish] and it goes.
    I also have horrrid feelings as im falling to sleep, and I wake up in a flash, ive had a really really loud noise [which hasnt happened for a while now thankfully] it was like someone whistling down a bottle only a 100 times louder, it made me feel like my brain was vibrating and then I would get a dream of me being awake and getting up, it was horrible, ive had it loads of times but not lately. I bet I get it again now

hi all
    it all may be caused by the muscles relaxing in your neck and head beacause you are relaxing, apparently its quite common

just a thought

Julie

Hi Holystressed.
    I can totally empathise with you here. I had a bad night last night. I was really really tired and did not get to sleep until 2am! Just laying there thoughts going through my head, thinking im going to stop breathing, heart attack maybe or like you say not getting enough oxygen to my brain. My eyes were also playing tricks on me, like seeing flashing lights and stars even though there was no light in the room. It scares me when this happens. Eventually turned the bed side light on and fell asleep. And woke up feeling quite refreshed!? Anxiety really can play tricks with you! horrible. Plus i guess when your body relaxes so do you muscles and your breathing will slow down.

As of yet I have not found anything that will help me to try and drift off into a pleasant slumber. Has anyone got any suggestions?

I also get the dizziness when getting up from being sat down. Like the head fills with too blood and then it goes normal again. strange.

Im sure its nothing to worry about?

i have this before and been the doctors with it and it is all anxiety related, little tip that worked for me go to bed with a cold flannel on ur head honest it works xxx

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    yes I also feel like this, I also get a sudden loud buzzing noise going in my ear and through my head which always started a panic attack off, now im used to it and it only happens when im stressed, I still freeze for a few seconds but remain calm [ish] and it goes.
    I also have horrrid feelings as im falling to sleep, and I wake up in a flash, ive had a really really loud noise [which hasnt happened for a while now thankfully] it was like someone whistling down a bottle only a 100 times louder, it made me feel like my brain was vibrating and then I would get a dream of me being awake and getting up, it was horrible, ive had it loads of times but not lately. I bet I get it again now

Hiya, this is actually Tinnitus your experiancing and is unharmful. I suffer from it all the time, either it being loud noises or a beating sound in my head and you get it more the more stress you have. Hope this helps hun.

Po xxx

Thread Information