Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Changed from Cit to Sertraline

I've changed from Citrolpram 40mg to sertraline 50 mg 4 days ago and have also started my PMT about 5 days ago. I'm now feeling rather tearful and negative thoughts again. Does anyone else feel like this during the change and also PMT as I hate these feelings. How good is sertraline compared to cit? Doctor said I wont feel worse on the change but I may not feel better and she may have to up it in two weeks time?

Jo x
    Last edited by Joannatm; 06-03-12 at 22:16. Reason: need advice and hopefully.positive feedback

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Hi there

I also switched from citalopram to sertraline. This is week 4 for me. I was on 50mg for 2 weeks, and this is week 2 at 100mg. The switch was not too bad but I’ve only just started feeling OK. I’ve put on weight already, so I’m going to watch this very closely. That’s the only side effect. Loss of appetite for the first few days and a bit of an upset tummy. Apart from that, all OK.

I was on 40mg of citalopram but it stopped working for me. I was on and off of it for over 6 years.

Hi Alfredo glad your feeling better ive had a few bettter days.I had the upset stomach thing but its gone now these tablets havent realy gave me any other side affects which is a bonus hope i keep improving

Hi Alfredo and vertran

I had a quite good week last week but yesterday and today feeling down tearful and fed up. I've only been on 50 mg for 11 days now. Suppose it's going to take time? Also been up all night with my little 2 year old as he's got cold and think I am getting one as got headache so don't think that helps hey.

How long have you guys been on the tablets and what strength.

I'm calling doctor next week when it hits the two weeks stage and tell her how I'm feeling. Is 50 mg quite low as I was on 40 of citrolpram which is quite high on that one.

Jo x

Hi as far as im aware 50mg of sertaline is equivalent to 20mg of cit so it sounds like your not on a high enough dose compared to what you was on on cit xx

Thanks Nicola. Kinda don't understand these different doses. The doctor said when she changed it that I may not notice any difference but I won't get worse and she's right at the moment. But I'm only on day 11 and suppose it takes minimum two weeks. What are you on? How you feeling?

xx

Ive just been changed to venlafaxine, had a rough couple of days with side effects but feeling calmer today xx

How many have you tried out? Do you feel same anxious tearful etc? How long you been like that? x

This will be my third, im cross tapering off mirtazepine onto the venlafaxine, i was on cit prior to this which has always worked for me in the past but unfortunatly it didn't this time, i did give it a good 5 months to kick in but nope up until today ive been really tearfull and my anxiety has rocketed but todays better xx

Hi Joanne it is day 11 for me on sertraline 50mg - will go up to 100mg at the weekend (as have been breaking in half) tbh have felt quite tearful today and down - wasn't too bad last week or yesterday - guess it's a rocky road at the moment. I am expecting it to take weeks tbh 4/6 weeks. Prozac first time around took around 8 weeks. They do not work quick unfortunately but will see it through - this is my third antidepressant - 1st - prozac for 15 good years, then stopped working due to a bereavement in Oct 2011 - upped the dose made me worse, then switched to mirtazapine - didn't do anything except made me eat too much and now Sertraline (my doc said I needed to be on 100mg as 50mg would not touch me but wanted to break myself in gently). Good Luck anyway. Laura

Nicola - glad you are feeling calmer today - has your mood lifted at all or is it still early days. Take care Laura

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

Joanne - yes I have been very anxious today

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information