Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Re: Changed from Cit to Sertraline

Blooming nightmare hey Laura. How long you been like this? Was there a trigger recently?

Does my head in feeling like this different every day. Doesn't help being tired with my little boy awake most of the night! I'm thinking it takes two weeks or more. I was on prozac with my first 9 years ago for about a year and it worked well. This time after my second child they put me on Citrolpram but didn't think it worked well as still felt on edge especially PMT time. Now I'm on Sertaline and she did say it may not improve but it won't get worse. So I will call next week. Like ya said 50 mg isn't that high.

Glad you're feeling calmer today Nicola too.

We'll all get there in the end hey.

x

Hi laura my moods alot better today but as you know tomo could be another story! X x

Yes Joanne it is a nightmare - my trigger started in October when I had a bereavement - life hasn't been the same since but will give the Sertraline a try - day 11 so it is early days - feels ages lol. Just so fed up like us all!

Presume a cold makes you feel worse. feel real miserable. wish meds kick in. how'd rvetuonr doing? X

How long you been on them now Joan.

I been on 50 for 22 days and i still feel high anxiety.

Cathy xx

still got stinking cold and feeling rubbish. doctor.today as put ne in 100 mg. i starting to think i.just not happy in life any more! x

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

been in thm two weeks doctor Saudi they should have kicked.in as i been in citrolpram before them so they should have kicked in.

Help up from 50 mg to 100 mg Sertraline - positive replies at all on doing?

Been put on 100 mg sertaline and feeling rubbish and no energy. Is this normal. Only been on for 3 days but fed up and feeling rubbish. If norm how long does this normally last?

Jo x

stick with the 100mg

You'll get bad anxiety for a couple of weeks and maybe even feel a lot more depressed but stick with the meds.

You will also have your up days and then your downs days too.

I have been on it for 6 weeks now. 50mg for 2 weeks, then 100mg then last week I upped to 125mg. I seem to be having more better days now than not. My head feels so much clearer. I do wake up in the morning with anxiety, but this seems to ease off as the day goes on.

Yesterday I felt very tearful in the morning, a bit of paranoia too, but by the end of the day I felt on a much stable level.

This morning I work up with very high anxiety, but its eased off and I feel quite euphoric at the moment (long may it continue!)

Tomorrow it could all change though but I’ll keep you posted.

Also, one thing to point out, ive laid of alcohol a lot this week. I’ve cut down immensely which could also been a factor to take into consideration. I was informed by someone on this site that alcohol makes the meds less effective.

Good luck - keep us posted on your progression!
    x

But why stick with it if it not working for you? I so fed up with ups and downs. All I want to be is a happy mother and enjoy being at home, gym friends. Getting so fed up. About two weeks ago I had a good few days but had cold ever since last week and still got cold and sore throat today. FED UP TEARFUL. Drives me up the wall as all my friends at home are normal why not ME!!!

x

p.s. Sorry for moaning.

That's what this site is all about venting!!

I'm sticking with the sert because on the good days, i am so relieved to feel that way, and the goods days are becoming more frequent.

I have been so low since the beginning of December. That’s a long time – 4 months.

I was so low – felt at rock bottom – so much so, I often thought I was going to top myself if I didn’t get out of this hole. I didn’t want to go out, didn’t want to speak to anyone, felt numb, flat, cried loads and missed my ex painfully (still do!)

I went to Goa a month ago, and laid on the sofa a few hours before my flight crying and felt anxious that I nearly didn’t go but I pushed myself – God know how I done it.

But now, I’m feeling different. Today I feel like I have that spring in my step back. I’m excited about things. It’s a very slow process/progress but I’m sticking with the sertraline because like I say the good days are becoming more and more.

Even my sister said to my mum at the weekend that I was different, I was chatty etc, I was more interactive. The last time I went, I didn’t even want to play with my nephews, who I adore.

So the key is to feed off the positive threads on here. OK, some meds don’t work for some people, but you have to at least give them 8 weeks to kick in.

Try and say positive. You’re only on day 3 of 100mg, they will make you worst before you’re better, but stick with it and you’ll be relieved.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information