Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Re: My Scary Sectioning Experience

Hi Steven

I can't believe what you've had to go through - a truly horrific ordeal. I hope you now get the right help and support you have been so desperately seeking, and that you come out of this experience a stronger person.

Keep fighting and take care.

Sue x

We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.

Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.

Jim Morrison

I'm sorry you had to go through this, Steven. It must have been very scary for you. I hope you will now get the help and support you need, and I also hope your escitalopram increase goes well.

It sounds like your doctor has a good plan Steve.

Just take it each day as it comes, remember that your anxiety may go up a little when you first start the increase, but just take your diazepam and anything else on offer just to make you more comfortable during the change.

Yep! I know exactly how you feel with the screaming, shouting and kicking off, it happened quite a few times when I was in hospital and it's not nice, especially when you're feeling really anxious yourself. One really bad day that I had in there, due to another patient being very unwell, we seemed to have the whole kit and caboodle from her that day, she was moved to intensive care in the end, but I remember feeling really shell shocked and my nerves were frazzled

It is hard if you're not allowed anything with leads and stuff, I wasn't allowed either, but when you are, get yourself some headphones, if anything kicked off, I'd be straight in my room with my headphones on.

In a way, and I know you wont agree right now, but this was probably the best thing that could have happened Steve, it brought it all to a head, you reached your crises point and now you're safe in hospital where they will get you better and back on your feet.

Only one way to go now..........and that's up

Great to read your updates and from what you say, even in the face of adversity you are being as strong and as positive as you can. See that as your strength and build on it. It is a big positive in your unusual and unfamiliar new surroundings. Well done.

I wish you well in your meds increase and hope it is the best way forward for you. We are all rooting for you here Stephen, stay positive and I wish you all the best.

Kitti xx

Hi Steven

really pleased you seemed to like the new psych, that counts for a lot!
    your coping and thinking fantastically for somebody so poorly,keep it up and on your bad days think of how you coped with this episode and that will give you hope.

could you not ask one of your friends next time they visit to get you some earplugs or be cheeky and ask one of the nurses!! all chemist sell them as there is nothing worse than noise when your trying to sleep( I have some as my partner breaths heavy and does my head in)so I understand exactly where your coming from. or if nobody manages it send for some on amazon and get them delivered to the hosp!!

As regards upping from 10mg of cipralex to 20mg I did this(was on cipralex for 4-5 years) when I was on and dont remember any really bad effects as itwas bad at the time anyway. This was before I changed venlafaxine for this current episode where the cipralex wasnt doing anything.

wishing you a speedy recovery and take care. x

Thanks for all the messages.

I believe if the increase in the Cipralex does nothing positive, I believe the next step is Venlafaxine which I'm rather scared about due to the side effects of missing a dose or if and when, coming off the dose. I heard it's as hard as Seroxat to stop.

I've purposely tried to stay off my laptop today so I would have some charge left on the battery for this evening and tonight. My battery died about 9pm last night and I was dreadfully bored and then anxiety set in very badly last night. I have a good few hours left on this charge, maybe enough to watch a film.

I've managed to download the Netflix app on my phone and a live TV app so as long as that's kept charged, I have that too.

I've just been given a pen which is beyond great news for me because it means I can finally do my crossword book! Never thought I would be happy to have a pen.

I think the only reason I'm not that bad is the fact that I came from 48 hours locked up in a cell with NOTHING so this really does seem good. I think if I came under good circumstances from home, I would be feel very different and be begging to go back home.

The next few hours is always the toughest for me. I find evenings from about 7pm till just before bedtime very hard indeed. I did at home too. It starts to get a bit noisey and I start to feel very agoraphobic.

I'm obviously very nervous about increasing my meds tomorrow too. I'm happy to be doing it, don't get me wrong, but obviously nervous at the same time because I know, as we ALL do on here, that a change in dose almost ALWAYS causes some sort of problem for a bit. Just going to bite the bullet and give it a go! It might be the answer to my prayers or it might be just another thing that doesn't work for me. All will be revealed in time.

Going to try and save some of my laptop battery for a bit later. I have a few films downloaded on here that I might watch tonight. Last night I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. Can anyone think of a more appropriate film for me than that??!!

Starting to get that warm anxious rush feeling in my stomach and I'm starting to nervously shake my legs up and down.

Oh for a life without illogical, irrational fear or fear!

Thanks once again for everyones kind messages and support. It means so so so much.

Steven
    x

Hey Steven!

Glad to hear you're doing ok and still got your sense of humour

Keep us posted!

B

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Hi Steve,
    As an ex police officer I am sorry you had such a bad time in the cells. Sadly you had to be taken to a "place of safety", but trust me ALL police officers believe that it very wrong for people suffering mental health problems to be placed in cells. In Wiltshire now there is a "136 Suite" at the Psychiatric unit so what happened to you never happens again. Police take people directly to the suite.
    I was recently in that very Unit and was at first terrified but like you knew it was the best place to be at that time.
    I hope you feel able to engage with the staff. It helped me enormously. There will be lots of people with many different illnesses in there but you will gradually get to know the ones you feel comfortable with.
    Keep posting and all at NMP will keep supporting

Hi Steve, Just to let you know that you are in my thoughts. I can see from your posts that you have strength and courage there and your lovely sense of humour

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to write and say that I hope you get good care where you are and lots of support to help you move forward. I am so sorry to hear about everything you went through in the lead up to this. I truly hope you can start to move forward and feel better over the coming days and weeks. I know you are worried about where to live and things like that but take every day at a time and just relax as much as you can- I know easier said than done but hopefully you can move forward with everything when you are feeling better in yourself in time. Small steps as they say. I have a small book of inspirational quotes that I read from time to time. One of my favourites is "Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall". I think all of us using this site can relate to this from time to time and each through our journeys.

Xx Daisy

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information