i always do this - i can go up to 3 years without catching any virus then as oon as I get one I seem to get another couple in quick succession.

Over xmas I had viral tracheitis and laryngitis that was terrible - awful cough that lasted 3 weeks. Have had about 3 weeks okay but about 10 days ago my husband came down with a cold and cough and then last week I had a young relative staying who arrived full of cold.

2 days ago I woke up with one side of my sinuses blocked and terrible pain around my ear with pressure in ear and intense itching on same side - all my face hurt. By today i was in a panic thinking I had an ear infection so off to Dr who looked in my ear and said no infection just bunged up - advised lots of steam - by afternoon all the pain and symptoms had shifted to other side!
and now my nose is totally bunged and I have to blow it and its not for public airing as it sounds awful. I am just starting on the scratchy throat and cough.

What puzzles me is how can bunged sinuses cause neck pain and make even the inside of your mouth sensitive and sore - I feel as if someone is pulling my ear down by the lobe but all my symptoms weird as they are have swapped sides today peculair or what - maybe its a very strange virus.