Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: everything feels worse first thing in the morning

everything feels worse first thing in the morning

Why is it .when i first get up in the morning everything feels worse.anxiety and depresion high.no matter how much sleep i get.getting up first thing life just feels so hard

Re: everything feels worse first thing in the morning

Same for me

I have read in numerous resources that it's because of the way our hormones are balanced first thing in the morning.

I usually find that if I just let it run it's course within 20 minutes or so I feel the worst of it start to dissipate a little.

I'm the same, I think morning anxiety is very common- I think for me anyway it's that feeling of "how is today going to go?" that gets me all worked up.

Yep thats what i get.plus that feeling and thinking off..how do i feel inside today what will i worry ablut today what way am i gking to think and checking my feelings..just wish i could wake uo and go into auto pilot.just wake up and get on with my day without over thinking abkut my state of mind

Hey, I'm much the same. In fact that is what my anxiety is about. I wake up and assess myself constantly 'how do I feel?' And that sets it off. Its become habit and it doesn't help if I lounge around. I find the best way to tackle it is to get up, get sorted, and do something. Routine is best when it comes to morning anxiety. I have way too much time to dwell and think over and over

Good Morning Greg! My anxiety has always presented itself as being on it's worst behavior first thing in the morning. I have found that sitting at my dining room table and doing some deep breathing exercises, followed by journaling out my thoughts helps so much. The journaling helps me to get the irrational thoughts out of my head and onto paper. Once I can identify those thoughts, I can use CBT techniques to "put the lie" to them. Generally within thirty minutes, I feel much better and am good to go.

Yes agree I'm the same and like the others say if I get up and get on with something it starts to decrease. I find a nice hot shower then maybe walk the dogs helps x

Same for me Greg. I've found that it's useful to just get going. For instance, I will get myself out fairly soon after getting up and go for a long walk. This helps.

I think if you get up and aren't active or engrossed in something, the mind can wander back to sympoms or issues so it can be helpful to give it something else to think about. As you get better, it gets easier not to have to do this but earlier on I think even a routine that may be boring can be useful because that structure can make you do thing until you are ready to want to do them.

How are things going with the home situation?

Hi..im still living with my friend at the moment which isnt ideal.just wish the day would come when i get a place of my own..and get a job routen and structure in my life..just to be normal again...been out of work for a long time now and haved moved 4 times this year sofa surfing..living in other peoples lifes..i never used to like my own company ,but would give anything for it now

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

I get up and immediately walk my dog for 2 miles in the countryside, this lifts my mood.

Greg did you go to the council to go in the waiting list?

sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information