Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

hi all

feel bad writing on here because im an ex drug user which is more than likely the cause of my depression and paranoia but have recently started to take citalopram 4 days ago and did not expect the side effects to be as bad as they were being use to come downs and everything... yesterday was the worse day i ever had i think hot and cold rushes and stomach muscules tensing was quite worried about all this but today still feel bad but not as worse and afta reading about other people experiencing the symptons has made me feel alot better knowing that it is normal and should get better im on 10mg at moment and should be going up to 20mg as of friday

so thanks for your posts they made me feel more as ease

Quote Originally Posted by joeyboy1986 View Post
    hi all

feel bad writing on here because im an ex drug user which is more than likely the cause of my depression and paranoia but have recently started to take citalopram 4 days ago and did not expect the side effects to be as bad as they were being use to come downs and everything... yesterday was the worse day i ever had i think hot and cold rushes and stomach muscules tensing was quite worried about all this but today still feel bad but not as worse and afta reading about other people experiencing the symptons has made me feel alot better knowing that it is normal and should get better im on 10mg at moment and should be going up to 20mg as of friday

so thanks for your posts they made me feel more as ease

hi there, i also had very very bad side effects, my opinion will be to keepon 10mg for a longer period 10 days then move to 20. i am also on 10 for 2 weeks tonight i am going to 20 big day!!

you ll do great!

Quote Originally Posted by Heathera View Post
    Thanks very much, ND, I really appreciate it. I don't work as I'm a full time carer to my disabled son so I suppose my main concern at the moment is being well enough to look after him whilst being able to get my younger son to nursery etc. My husband had to take so much time off work when I was ill on the Fluoxetine that he has no more time off available.

I'll try to build up the courage to start them tonight as I don't think I can cope with the anxiety much longer so I know I do need something.

Thanks again!
    how is going?

Im concerned about using citalopram. I took my first one this morning and I have been feeling extremely sick and dizzy all day. I feel weird. Detached. I also feel like I have a numb mouth. I keep clenching my teeth.
    I have stuff to do this week - important things. Job interview. Im going on holiday soon. I want to feel normal and I dont know whether to stick out these side effects or just quit altogether as of tomorrow and feel like I did before taking them. Both options seem equally awful and Im not sure why my doctor thought it was ok to give these to me.

Hi all. My first post . Was prescribed citalopram 20mg last Thursday.

Been having not very nice side effects, so much so that I'm panicing when the time comes to take them. Does anybody feel like they're going to faint? This happens to me on and off for about 3 hours after I've taken them (among other things), this is the worst one though. Really don't like it but keep telling myself it's just the meds.

Determined to carry on though as I've nearly done a week so trying to look forward when I start to feel better.
    Hope everyone is getting on ok with their meds

had a better evening felt alot better after i ate even though didnt really feel the need for food

Hi all
    How is everyone doing with the meds now?
    I am on my 4th day and its been very difficult. I am practically confined to bed - I go through phases of feeling relatively normal albeit weak and lethargic and then phases of high agitation, fever, restlessness etc. I am not sleeping well and my appetite has gone completely, although I am managing a banana a day and soya milk.
    Did anyone else feel like this and will it pass?
    Loolabubble x

Quote Originally Posted by Loolabubble View Post
    Hi all
    How is everyone doing with the meds now?
    I am on my 4th day and its been very difficult. I am practically confined to bed - I go through phases of feeling relatively normal albeit weak and lethargic and then phases of high agitation, fever, restlessness etc. I am not sleeping well and my appetite has gone completely, although I am managing a banana a day and soya milk.
    Did anyone else feel like this and will it pass?
    Loolabubble x
    hi loolabubble, you know i felt so bad the first 3/4 days that i feel its my duty to answer to people like you. As i posted before i thought i was dying big time, i was taken my pill at night couldnt sleep well and then in the morning i was completely destroyed (i am not going throw the side effects cause i had about a dozen), i started to feel better in the afternoon. Dont even thought to reach my office i couldnt live the bed/couch. Then suddenly on day 5 i started to feel better. I am actually on day 14 i double the dose yesterday i am on 20 and i am doing fine, however i have some bad moments during the day. Dont even imagine to drink alcohol, avoid coffees, drink 10 glasses of water per day, when you dont feel nausea try to eat well, try to sleep early.
    I can assure you all is related to the citalopram. Stick with it you will feel better. By the way i read about 200 posts during those days to avoid me from stopping the drug.

hope it helps

Hi ND

Thank you so much for your reply. You cannot believe how much that will help me and how it makes me feel better already.

At the moment it is so very hard to see an end to this but I have been reading so much on this site about the drug and I can see that it will be worth it in the end. Hearing your story just reaffirms that in my mind. I am the same, sleeping badly, feel terrible in the morning, start to feel better in the afternoon then by that time I am taking another tablet and start to go downhill again.

I will stick to this and people like you sharing this with me will be the reason.

Thank you

x

hello !
    I am new !
    I was prescribed Citalopram, after 5wks i had to come off it, the side effects were too much to bare ! My anxiety was worse than ever, constantly thinking i was going to die...the Dr then prescribed me Seroxat, OH MY it was horrendous i felt awful, nausea, sick, heacaches, chest pain, you name it i had it, so currently cold turkey but having some awful withdraw after only being on meds for about 8wks in total...

Jo

Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information