Thread: Weekend stretching ahead of me

Weekend stretching ahead of me

Well, it's nearly home time & whilst most people in my office are looking forward to the weekend I am somewhat apprehensive. I had a tough time of things last weekend - it was a real struggle & I am scared of it being the same this weekend particularly as my boyfriend's son is staying with us this weekend. I think it's partly because there seems so much time to fill & I don't want to be feeling bad & also because I don't want to ruin the weekend for everyone.

Does anyone else experience this?

I guess what I need to do it to fill my time & try to distract myself aswell so that I don't dwell on how I feel. I just hate feeling anxious particularly as it makes me feel so ill - I am physically sick & can't eat.

I know that I shouldn't predict how I am going to feel but sometimes it's easier said than done. It's the same with the mornings. To quote Claire Weekes though: "A bad morning does not mean a bad day".

Sorry, I'm just rambling along trying to talk myself round!

Have a good weekend everyone

Kel
    x

Re: Weekend stretching ahead of me

Hi Kell

Try not to think to much about what the weekend will bring try and relax and deal with things as they come easy to say I no but I bet you can do It

Take Care Maggie and try and embrace the weekend ( no work )

Oh I can totally relate to the idead of the "weekend stretching ahead of me". I work weekends but my "weekends" are horrendous.
    I used to go to pieces unable to cope and I dreaded them.
    Now I make a list of stuff I have to do with rough times as to when I should start and this has saved my weekends.

My list is really silly but it works for me. I need to "do" things like read the paper, do the dishes, the laundry,check the bird feeders-easy stuff.

I think it is the idea of having a purpose for my time rather than sitting idling waiting for my panic to overtake me.

Anyway my time away from work is still hard but geting better.

Take Care Hun !

Thanks guys.

Well, the weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
    I tried to keep my mind occupied by reading lots and constantly checked my body to ensure that I was relaxed and tensing myself. I tried my best to "act normal" and managed to get through the weekend with no tears & no being sick. Result!
    x

kell...i am oh so pleased that your weekend went well xxxxx that is oh so wonderful to hear xxxx

hope it continues for the rest of the week xxxx

I can so relate to this. I used to dread free time as this is when anxiety really gets to me. I dreaded the summer hols all year. But now I am so damn busy I can't wait to get home and relax. Your feelings will change.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

I so know what you mean. If I am not distracted, or spend too much time alone, with my own annoying thoughts, then that is when I get anxious. I have 3 afternoons off a week, so now try and make sure I am meeting a friend, or have my niece and/or nephew round for a while. Also, am just about to sign up for yoga/tai chi classes, I have found a gym that runs these classes when I am off work in the afternoons. So I can now distract myself and be doing something which will help my mind and help with positive thinking and relaxing.

Hope you are ok today. xx

Thread Information