Thread: Struggling

Struggling

So here I am on holiday sitting in our caravan in Scotland, sobbing. Have struggled with HA for many years and manage to get in top of it eventually. However I put off going to the docs for fear of requiring tests and the fear of waiting for bad news. Been doing well recently until I started my period whilst on holiday. It started as normal but has continued now for 9 days. My anxiety levels are insanely high and I feel sick, shaky and can't stop crying. Convinced it is one of the gynae ca's. I'm 43 and all heath sites remind me that this is a dangerous sign when you are over 40. I dread going to the toilet to see more blood. I have low stomach pain and low back pain. I'm spoiling the last few days of our holiday for my hubby and 3 children. I realise I need to see my gp, but as I've said, I've already got into a cycle of fearing the worst if I go. I was due a smear a few months ago, which I haven't attended. All previous smears have been ok. So so down. Sorry for the post. I just needed to write it down x

Re: Struggling

Take a deep breath.
    Breath in breath out.
    Watch your breath.
    Accept that their is nothing you can do because you are on holiday.
    Decide now that you will enjoy the last bit of your holiday and then fake it till you make it.
    Whilst having no idea what is wrong, statistically you are VERY unlikely to have anything sinister.
    The idea that prolonged bleeding after the age is 40 is definitely worrisome, with respect, is ********.
    There are loads of things from perimenopause to fibroids, and loads of things in between that could cause it.
    You sound like you have done such a good job with your HA. Gather yourself up and resolve to do something you enjoy, now. Eat something good, drink something nice, play with your kids. Keep doing that minute by minute. The anxiety will keep creeping back in, just accept it let it be there, but carry on.
    You've got this

Such a lovely reply. Thank you so much. Had a bit of a melt down whilst the kids were playing (in the rain!). Then read what you had written and have calmed again. You're right - there's nothing I can do now. I just get huge waves of panic and fear and the blackest of thoughts. Thank you again for taking the time to support me x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by TheGroundhog View Post
    and then fake it till you make it.
    Steady on! You do know that we're British?

Never Surrender, Comrade

How are you doing now? Glad it helped a bit, you sound very similar to me. Was even having a very similar trigger at the beginning of the year ( which turned out to be fibroids).
    All you can do is accept the feeling and try and move forward with it, any attempt to 'fix it's or 'get rid of it's just makes it worse.
    Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your holiday

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Steady on! You do know that we're British?
    Haha one of my counsellor's favourite sayings

Thread Information