Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throat gurgling/clicking

Unhappy Throat gurgling/clicking

Hi

Feel a fool but totally stressed out of my mind. A few second after I swallow there is a slight gurgle or clicking just below the Adams Apple. It is worse after laying down, though it happens a bit during the day. Seems to happen only for saliva. Occasionally I get a "clonking" swallow when eating or drinking fluids (tea total). I don't think I have difficulty swallowing but occasionally get the "feeling" of a burp on the way that doesn't happen. Of course Googled and see things like MS, Pakinsons and my number one fear MND/ALS. I have expressed my fears to my doctor (who knows I am anxcious for the past year) but doesn't seemed worried. I have been given medicine for GERD - which I confess seems to have helped my Ashma a bit but I had no GERD symptoms as far as I know. I do have a slightly sore throat and constant feeling of something running down the back of my throat. Added to that a slightly tingly left cheek and well....

Really in first class panic mode and back on the Diazipam after months being off.

Re: Throat gurgling/clicking

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1966uk View Post
    Hi

Feel a fool but totally stressed out of my mind. A few second after I swallow there is a slight gurgle or clicking just below the Adams Apple. It is worse after laying down, though it happens a bit during the day.
    Dave,

I'm not a doc but do suffer from gerd. It has caused lots of throat probs. Ever heart of a crico-pharyngeal spasm?

Me neither ..... but that was a side-effect of gerd for me.

E

Hi
    these are problems that i also have with my gerd, also with my anxiety, its really bad when i have them both together !!
    In fact at the moment i have the saliva thing, i also suffer froma post nasal drip which adds to it all, you might have that as well. Never ever google mate its the worse thing you can do. I am not a doctor either but i have been a nurse for 24 years and ms and als symptoms dont tend to present like that despite what google will tell you, try and relax and go with the flow of your symptoms the more you fight them the worse they will be. Loads of posts on here about swallowing probs, globus etc and about acid reflux symptoms, have a read at them all it should reassure you. You are def not alone here.
    Hope this helps.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

Hi Sheik & Nell

Many thanks for your replies. You have eased my fears. Thank you.

Dave

hi dave,

i totally understand the clicking sensation that you describe...i experienced this along with globus hystericus (tight throat feel) for quite along time.
    the explanetion i got from my doctor at the time was that it was merely throat muscles going into spasm and that they are complex and so there the clicking is nothing to worry about as muslce tightness is a cause of anxiety. the throat and neck muscles are very sensitive and prone to stress.

at the time i jus couldnt accept that stress was the cause thats why the throat probs lingered on for almost 6months, its jus a viscious cycle. which you can break once you try and accept that these symptoms are just a cause of anxiety.

hope your well.

Hey man, just wanted to say that I've had this random throat gurgling for going on three years now. I've never really felt anxious until the last few months or so, and I haven't ever been diagnosed as having anxiety disorder or having panic attacks, but I'm hoping I will be within the next two days or so (getting an MRI tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by SAM21 View Post
    hi dave,

i totally understand the clicking sensation that you describe...i experienced this along with globus hystericus (tight throat feel) for quite along time.
    the explanetion i got from my doctor at the time was that it was merely throat muscles going into spasm and that they are complex and so there the clicking is nothing to worry about as muslce tightness is a cause of anxiety. the throat and neck muscles are very sensitive and prone to stress.

at the time i jus couldnt accept that stress was the cause thats why the throat probs lingered on for almost 6months, its jus a viscious cycle. which you can break once you try and accept that these symptoms are just a cause of anxiety.

hope your well.
    Would this make your throat click at the side, if you pressed it with your your hands?? I am sufferng with the Globus, burping etc at the moment, but my main worry is the clicking/poppoing, when I press a certain area.

All those who answered my last posts. Thank you :-)

Does anyone know aout this? xx

Hi Emma

I have been on meds since July 08 for my anxiety

Mine started off with stomach pain, Reflux, Stomach Churning, Chest Pain and a CONSTANT lump in my throat..................

I too used to examine myself and was horrified that when I move/press on my throat it used to like click/pop when I moved it side to side - I was convinced I had a bloackage tumor you name it then there is the old DR Google.............. But im sure you know that is not wise (even though im addicted to it)

So Emma please relax, That clicking would always happen if you applied pressure just your heightened state of anxiety making it seem more that what it is I promise x x

I'm nowhere near over my anxiety after having reflux everyday im convinced I have some undetected illness, Athough Ive had a barium swallow which showed nothing other than reflux (no hearnia or Tumor). I take omprezole everyday for the reflux which has eased the heartburn but still get all the other symtoms they are:

Tingly Hands
    Heavyness in chest with occasional stabbing (like dagger)
    Gurgling thoat/Tight throat
    Excess Burping and wind
    Stomach churning
    Liquid sometimes travelling back up especially coffee
    Metalic tasting burps (sorry)
    Feeling like a burp is on the way but never surfices
    Tingly/cold head which travels down one side of my face
    CONSTANT mind chatter
    Worry about families Health (constant)

SO as you can see hun your not alone x x But the throat thing is anxiety I promise. I hope this helps xxxx

I have and am googling about the clicking, but cant seem to find anything on neck, throat or glands clicking when pressed to indicate cancer. Thats my main worry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information