Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared to get lyme test result

Scared to get lyme test result

So I'm impatiently waiting for my lyme test result! But have stupidly 'researched' the test I'm getting! It seem nobody gets a fully clear or negative results.. Because 13 bands are tested you need a certain number to be positive but online lyme patients say even one band can be significant! I'm so worried that if the test read overall negative I will decipher it and end up convinced it means something :(

Re: Scared to get lyme test result

Hello

I'm sure you will be fine! If you are unsure about your test results as to what they mean then discuss them with your doctor. he/she will defiantly go through them with you if you are unsure of your results, try and avoid googling things too, I always do it and it generally makes me feel worse, good luck!

I do think it was a bad idea to send off for this test to be honest because as you say you will not trust the results.

I still think you are suffering with anxiety and nothing more so why not work on that for now and forget about Lymes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i really really wish I believed these symptoms were anxiety but they seem to physical! I know im pregnant so that brings physical ailments but these dont even fit into pregnancy

- floaters
    - fast heart rate.
    - muscles sore to touch and extremely tender like bruises but no bruise :S
    - bones that click everywhere
    - painful skin sensations.
    - pain that seems deep in my muscles (especially upper arms).
    - pressure in my head
    - limbs feel lumpy and sore
    - fatigue (can asign this to pregnancy i guess).
    - burning/pinching sensations all over

these seem completely different to anything i read on here or other sites about anxiety and it all seems to point to lymes i cant cope as i dont want to pass this to my baby!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

well first of all head pressure and floaters go together, head pressure and floaters are a very common anxiety symptom and I have all of them. Burning sensation is also likely to be anxiety because I also get that on and off with anxiety. I don't really get muscle pains personally but doesn't mean they are not also anxiety. I have a list as long as a test match of my symptoms some I also convince myself are not anxiety related and can't be. Anxiety affects people in very different ways! I have at least half of your symptoms now and my levels anxiety is sky high!

Do you have a circular, outwardly expanding rash anywhere?

How long do you think you have had Lymes for?

I think since April . I had some weird thing on my back but it didn't look like a tick bite at all so I'm not sure what it was or if it relates to anything. On google I discovered Lyme and since have been really anxious tht I have it! I don't know if my mind is creating some symptoms or not but I don't know if I believe that theory of the mind causing a symptom ?

Well I looked up Lymes and you must have had a circular, outwardly expanding rash with it.

Yes the mind can create symptoms.

What am I going to do if my test comes back with say one band that is reactive? It will be classed as negative but others say its significant and could signify Lyme ? Just not enough for labs to call overall positive! I've gone down a very bleak rd with this testing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information