Thread: My Story

My Story

Good morning I have had severe GAD for 30 years,my symptoms are,light headed,nausea,brain racing amongst others,at the moment i feel awful but to get this far I look upon this as a success story,I continue to go out and live my life ,lots of walks,(feels like I am walking on springs),but i am still here,I do get breaks,in fact I had a clear 3 months earlier in the year,I have tried medication but now I don't take any at all,I know all the answers but haven't quite learnt how to put them all together yet,I am 72 but feel 20(LOL) keep with it it does pass,my problem is that it keeps coming back because I let it,but one of these days,enjoy your day and take your anxiety with you however you feel Just to add how you feel doesn't matter other people really cannot see how you feel,and yes I know its very frustrating to hear of these success stories as you think to yourself,why can't I do it,but stop there,you can,its taken me an awful lot even to type this post as I feel crap and I have to go down tescos to do the food shopping,I shall float around there and perple will say you look well,and I shall say thank you I feel fine.you might think this is not a success story but if you knew me you would say you are a success.thank you for reading my post.
    Last edited by Aquilega; 24-10-17 at 07:23.

Smile Re: My Story

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilega View Post
    Good morning I have had severe GAD for 30 years,my symptoms are,light headed,nausea,brain racing amongst others,at the moment i feel awful but to get this far I look upon this as a success story,I continue to go out and live my life ,lots of walks,(feels like I am walking on springs),but i am still here,I do get breaks,in fact I had a clear 3 months earlier in the year,I have tried medication but now I don't take any at all,I know all the answers but haven't quite learnt how to put them all together yet,I am 72 but feel 20(LOL) keep with it it does pass,my problem is that it keeps coming back because I let it,but one of these days,enjoy your day and take your anxiety with you however you feel Just to add how you feel doesn't matter other people really cannot see how you feel,and yes I know its very frustrating to hear of these success stories as you think to yourself,why can't I do it,but stop there,you can,its taken me an awful lot even to type this post as I feel crap and I have to go down tescos to do the food shopping,I shall float around there and perple will say you look well,and I shall say thank you I feel fine.you might think this is not a success story but if you knew me you would say you are a success.thank you for reading my post.
    Hello Aguilega.

Your name caught my attention as its one of my favourite flowers, though there are many.
    Our stories are very similar, I have had nerves since my 30īs too. Maybe years apart but many episodes, and the latest had me looking online for more help and thatīs how I came to NMP. What a help it is to be with people who really understand nervous suffering.

I just looked at your beautiful website, obviously we have the same appreciation for countryside, plants and animals/ birds. My own photo album is crammed with the same things, though I can never manage to take pictures of birds. They always fly away before I can snap them, though this summer I did manage to get a photo or 2 of Swallows nesting in my porch. The photos werenīt good though but I had a group of guests here, one of whom was an excellent photographer and he sat with his camera pointed at the nest for hours and got some stunning pictures of the parents feeding the babies I was also lucky enough to see the swallows fledge and leave the nest, what a time the parents had trying to keep the family together. In the end they all made their own way in life.

Your photos are stunning and made me long to get back to the UK even more. I have lived in Spain for the last 15 years but have been trying to sell up and move back home for the last 5 years. I so miss the English countryside and wish I was there right now as the trees put on their autumn show.

Lovely to meet you , but shame about the circumstances. We are like minded in our quest to carry on as normally as possible despite the torment that is often raging inside. I always say as long as I can put one foot in front of the other Iīm doing alright.

Re: My Story

Good morning @Chick100 my friend and thank you for your lovely and friendly reply and for yours kind comments about my Blog,I have been out this morning to Tescos but have been suffering from stomach ache for the last few days,and I am guilty of feeling sorry for myself to day,i do intend to do so much every day but alas when I get up in the morning i never feel much like it,my problem is that no one can feel as bad as I do,(LOL)but I know that they probably do,I shall just keep plodding on regardless,I enjoyed your post very much and look forward to hearing from you again my friend,take care

Re: My Story

Dear Aquiliga.

It was so nice to get your reply. So many people donīt bother to respond to anything, but given the circumstances of why we are all here, its understandable really.

The dreaded morning feeling is awful and does knock the wind out of your sails, tummy ache wouldnīt help either and I hope yours goes soon, if it doesnīt maybe a trip to your GP is advisable.

Keep on plodding I will do the same.

Bye for now

Thread Information