Thread: How to Forgive

How to Forgive

I've been having trust issues recently with many people, so it must be my problem. It stems from them doing something that hurts me and me not being able to forgive them because I am too hurt by what they did.

This is the best collection of advice I have found so far on how to forgive these people. I hope this will eventually lead to me rebuilding trust in my relationships.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-fo...t-go-of-anger/

Hope it helps other people too.

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

My favourite one is 16: Give up on all hope of a better past.

Re: How to Forgive

But how do you also know when its time to let go of the person you have to keep forgiving? How much forgiveness is too much before you have to say to that person 'enough' ? I'm human so my forgiveness cup isn't bottomless unfortunately...sad but true.

ISB x

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    But how do you also know when its time to let go of the person you have to keep forgiving? How much forgiveness is too much before you have to say to that person 'enough' ? I'm human so my forgiveness cup isn't bottomless unfortunately...sad but true.

ISB x
    I have to agree. Why should we always forgive?! When have we forgiven too many times?! If someone has hurt us multiple times, do we really need their negative influence in our life?!

I agree that forgiveness is a great thing, but only if repentance is there from the other party.

Yes I've been thinking about this too. I'm not sure where the line is. Even if the repentance is genuine. If that person is likely to do the wrongdoing again and again in the future, is it worth forgiving them, only for them to do something else again, and for you to be hurt all over again?

Hi I believe this thread is old but I am here to reply and suggest ideas.
    We, humans, have different adaptability when people or our loved ones that we trust hurt us. In your case, You are having a problem trusting people because someone hurt you. I guess the closest to you. Trust cannot be fixed right away, once it's broken it's hard to established another set of relationship. All of us are hurt by these someone but it's us who need to understand that this is normal. Don't let yourself unopen to other because one person hurt you. It's unfair. Just live the same life you are living before and move on. https://ponbee.com/when-people-hurt-you/ read this article and learn this attitude to move on. Hope it helps.

Thread Information