Thread: Feeling down because of anxiety

Feeling down because of anxiety

Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I relapsed last summer and my anxiety came back with a vengeance, I was unable to eat, felt sick all the time, lost a lot of weight etc. Panic attacks came back too. I also developed the breathing obsession that I had when I was a teen. Almost went on Citalopram but had CBT when I came back to uni, which kind of helped but I felt like my therapist (lovely as she was) was trying to diagnose me with anorexia or an eating disorder, which I found incredibly frustrating. So I don't really feel like I got the proper treatment.

All the doctors keep telling me to eat more pasta and stuff, and that's exactly what I'm doing, but the weight piling on like I want it to!! I am so insecure about this and it's stopped me from going out and doing stuff I used to like because I'm scared of losing weight whilst doing these activities (stupid, right? )

Can anyone relate? I feel really down because of this and it's massively affected my social life. All I do is go to university and then go home, I don't have fun anymore. I just want my old self back!!

Re: Feeling down because of anxiety

Can anyone help? :(

Thread Information