Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartbroken

Heartbroken

I lost my dog on Thursday. He was about 15-16. He was my Dad's dog who passed away 18 months ago so we looked after him.

This was more than a dog to me. He was my late father's best friend. We grew up together.

The last couple of days I've felt really depressed. I've got no appetite and I'm finding it hard to sleep. I can't stop crying. Little things remind me of him and I fall apart.

I'm already taking citalopram and propranolol, but I still feel terrible.

I just want to stop feeling like this. :(

Re: Heartbroken

It's totally normal to feel this way in my opinion . You need time to grieve. Cry as uch as you like. I know exactly how you feel

I am so sorry to hear this! Think it's every persons nightmare when a beloved pet passes away I still have my dog but it's always is at the back of my mind how will I cope when she is no longer around. You may not think this but it will get easier as time passes by Can I ask what breed it was? and just hold on to the good times you spent with him ((( Hugs ))) sent to you at this difficult time ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this! Think it's every persons nightmare when a beloved pet passes away I still have my dog but it's always is at the back of my mind how will I cope when she is no longer around. You may not think this but it will get easier as time passes by Can I ask what breed it was? and just hold on to the good times you spent with him ((( Hugs ))) sent to you at this difficult time ATB
    He was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I was 16 when we got him. I'm 32 now. He was a huge part of my life. :(

Really sorry to hear you have lost your dog. He had a long life and must have been loved & cared for. He would know he was loved and love you unconditionally. You also comforted him when he lost your dad and ensured your dad's loved dog was well cared for. Please remember this, I'm sure you did the very best you could.

I remember you going through losing your dad. That must still be raw too. And now you feel youve lost the last connection to him but they will both always be with you, inside.

Now he has gone to be with your dad. They will look after each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_Male View Post
    He was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I was 16 when we got him. I'm 32 now. He was a huge part of my life. :(
    Yes that's what I have they are beautiful dogs and their nature and temprement is second to none And yet they are so misunderstood sadly I feel your pain my friend! ATB

Thanks everyone. I just feel a bit lost atm.

Aww this is so sad, I really know how you feel. I lost my beloved Willow a few year ago and was entirely bereft. She was closer than family, as she was by my side the whole time, she saw my tears and happiness when others didn't, and she was always there sharing life, holidays and activities. I'm so terribly sorry to hear that you beautiful friend has passed on, having lived to a good long age. You will feel grief, and have to go through the grieving process...and don't let anyone tell you that it was 'only a dog'. He was your connection to other people, your family, your friend and you loved him hugely. You will feel lost for a while, and have an empty place in your life that he filled. Everything reminds you of them - and you sometimes think you can hear them or see them, or even forget that you don't have to do things to care for them.

That love lives on though, what he gave to you and you gave to him isn't gone. I don't know if you have planned anything as a memory to him, or have ashes ? I would suggest that you do some practical things to help in the next few days - gather his possessions together and place them in a large keepsake box, plant something in his memory? If you tell me more about the situation with your lovely dog, and if he has been buried or not, I might have some more ideas.
    Last edited by Carys; 20-01-18 at 22:11.

I don't have any words but sending love xx

Just read your post. My thoughts are with you. I love my dogs, all 6 of them, so I know this on top of how you are already feeling must seem unbearable. Be strong my friend, and remember he had a good life with you.

Ade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information