Thread: Feeling of something stuck in throat.

Feeling of something stuck in throat.

I'm getting really disconcerted. How long do people usually deal with the feeling something is stuck in their throat when they swallow? It moves around too, which seems strange, but perhaps that is normal as well? I don't feel anxious and my stress is minor, well for me it is, but I'm unable to get this feeling to go away completely and it's accompanied by crazy mucous or even better is sometimes one side in the far back feels super dry specifically usually my right. Nothing has been helping and I'm feeling more and more worried two weeks in.

I'd love thoughts and experiences.

Cheers!

Re: Feeling of something stuck in throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesame Seed View Post
    I'm getting really disconcerted. How long do people usually deal with the feeling something is stuck in their throat when they swallow? It moves around too, which seems strange, but perhaps that is normal as well? I don't feel anxious and my stress is minor, well for me it is, but I'm unable to get this feeling to go away completely and it's accompanied by crazy mucous or even better is sometimes one side in the far back feels super dry specifically usually my right. Nothing has been helping and I'm feeling more and more worried two weeks in.

I'd love thoughts and experiences.

Cheers!
    Hi, this is a very common issue with many people on here and it's usually an anxiety sign, however it can be caused by GERD or other digestive issues.

It's a good sign that it moves around, mine does too along with the burping and sometimes mucus. Mine is caused my autoimmune activity but it does feel somewhat better when I'm teaching, as I'm too busy to be thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi, this is a very common issue with many people on here and it's usually an anxiety sign, however it can be caused by GERD or other digestive issues.

It's a good sign that it moves around, mine does too along with the burping and sometimes mucus. Mine is caused my autoimmune activity but it does feel somewhat better when I'm teaching, as I'm too busy to be thinking about it!
    Thank you! I have been trying to keep in mind the fact that it moves is a sign it's nothing crazy like an allergy or anything. I'm sure I'm anxious to some degree and just don't know but it's hard to tell anymore. I do have some autoimmune issues that are currently in process of being sorted out, that may be something worth asking about.

Do you deal with this all the time?

Thank you again for responding, I really appreciate it.

Hi,

Well, I'm amazed by the number of people who are popping up here with diagnosed or undiagnosed autoimmune conditions, I can spot the symptoms quite easily.

Most people with these conditions also seem to have anxiety issues. I think it's because of the randomness of them and also the fact that they can mimic more serious illnesses. Therefore we are always getting things checked out.

Yes, I've has a couple of goes with the lump thing and the esophageal spasms, so have had a couple of endoscopies over the last ten years. the first showed mild gastritis and the second was clear. This time it's gone on for longer but I'm sure it's my CFS working overtime, it's a damn nuisance but definitely benign.

Thread Information