Thread: Feeling overwhelmed

Unhappy Feeling overwhelmed

Hey everybody, I just signed in here.

I feel so overwhelmed with life itself that it gets hard to even go to the supermarket in the next street!!!
    My depression is slowly ruining my life and I really feel helpless.

In trying to always be perfect, I kinda force myself to not feel any pain, which is there ALL THE TIME!
    In the last days I had panic attacks every morning, every night, as I am just thinking of past traumata and can't focus on the present.

Any body any suggestions what to do?

THANK YOU!

Re: Feeling overwhelmed

Hi and welcome.... firstly, you’re not alone. Although depression and anxiety are horrible illnesses, it does help when you know that you’re not suffering alone and that there are people here to chat with you who will totally understand when the people around you maybe don’t.

I know all too well how stress, depression and anxiety can affect our lives. I had a
    breakdown at Christmas time and since then I’ve been trying to get better. I have good days and bad days but the only advice I can give which is working for me is just limiting the amount of stress triggers... for weeks I did absolutely nothing. I’ve slept most of it and
    barely done much which is exactly what I think I needed as only now I feel able to do and enjoy things a bit better.

If you haven’t already then go and speak to your doctor who will offer you professional help. I’m on medication which is helping slowly but sometimes all we need is an ear to talk to. Someone who won’t judge us where they can tell us what we are thinking isn’t rational. Medication will also be able to curb your panic attacks. Mines are almost gone, I do get little heart flutters now and again but nothing like it was thank god.

A lot of people lack that support (me included) which just sends us down a downward spiral.
    So please, anytime you need to chat, even if no one replies, post a message to the forum. Sometimes it helps just to write your feelings and worries down.

You are allowed to contemplate things that affected you profoundly, there has to be a reasonable balance within that long and hard gazing backwards however, or you remain there and lose light and shape relative to where you deserve to be going, forward no matter how slow, not stuck and pinned. Are there things you like getting from the supermarket? You deserve these things, they will help you feel more okay than you would feel going without them. There is always time to reflect and hurt, it's necessary but do not torture yourself and succumb to the belief that all there is, is that unfortunate feeling of imprisonment, you are very brave and beautiful.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Yes depression is such a awful condition to go through I have had it years been on med in the past but my physcarist took me off they were making me worse almost like a a zombie Now getting some support but still they insist I don't need CBT which I believe I do, some times you cant win on this hell road ATB

Thread Information