Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anxiety and panic attacks are ruining my life

Re: anxiety and panic attacks are ruining my life

Update - sorry HL, you misunderstand me. I will start a new thread about tips....this thread is yours and shoegals is her diary, I cant merge those. I will write down notes over the next few days and open a thread then ok. Take care, Paula x

Oops, sorry Paula for the misunderstanding, I think my anxiety has done something horrible to my brain LOL! I look forward to reading the thread about the tips.

Hi Hamster Lady...sorry Ive not been on, Im struggling with some health issues at the moment. Ive been making notes about things I did regarding overcoming the agoraphobia, and once Ive got them into some sort of order I will write it all out for you. Id prefer to send this information to you via PM.
    Keep going, dont give up. It is possible to recover and live a full and active life, even with this debilitating illness.
    Take care of yourself, I will be in touch soon x
    Paula x

Paula lynne - please could you send the information to me too?

Dear Hamster Lady.
    I suffer from cardiofobia after 4 years with anxiety and panic. And I noticed that you write : " I have also become paranoid about my heart and I'm convinced I have damaged it through my anxiety and that I will give myself a heart attack."

Excuse my English, I'm not so good at writing in other languages, but I hope you can read what I write now: I was at a cardiologist 4 days ago and here I said exactly the same as you "what if all the anxiety and panic have broken my heart?, What if all the adrenaline has made ​​me more susceptible to heart attack ..... he looked me in the eyes and said, "No!, anxiety and panic / adrenaline destroys NOT your heart. And he is also one of Denmark's foremost cardiologists. He told me that it's about our thoughts, and when we think catastrophic thoughts as soon as heart pounding fast because we have a panic attack, then it will keep knocking soon. But I must think differently and tell myself it was just free exercise for my heart and nothing could kill me.
    I have not had a single panic attack in 4 days!

Thanks so much Paula for very kindly offering to send me some tips via pm, I hope you feel better soon from your health issues.

Thanks so much for your reply musse, it seems I'm not alone in panicking about my heart! It made me feel so much better that a cardiologist has told you that your heart pounding through anxiety won't harm it. It is just so horrible when it happens though and normally everytime I think I'm going to die! I have just got to try and get it into my head that I've had an ECG and been told my heart is fine and it is just anxiety that is causing these horrible symptoms. It is so great that you haven't had a panic attack for 4 days - I wish you all the very best in your recovery.

I have suffered from this for 4 years, I still have anxiety but not panic attacks. My biggest problem right now is certainly that I'm out of breath and shortness of breath 24 / 7
    I have found many good posts here, and can read there are many who have suffered for many more years, so obviously there is hope

Hamster lady....
    well, this same situation is with me, i tried alot to cope up but i couldn't because when you are trying to recover yourself then actually you are thinking about that situation.....when lunch time came and you got panic attack, then surely you were thinking about it that here it comes here it comes!...and the result...it comes...dear remember panic attacks can do no real harm...i have posted my article DESTROYED LIFE INSIDE...do read it... you have your husband around you, you can make yourself fully dependent on him and by the time when you will try your self to get back in your life and bit by bit you will get back in your life....
    Afterall you are a mother, you can give your SON a healthy life, if you give up..then who will give in?
    make yourself confident by telling your self that YOU CAN DO!
    Iam always here for you to copeup, as iam recovering my self......

MARVI.......

If

Paula, I would also like the tips. It would be very helpful.

Sorry that I'm commenting on this thread so long after everyone else, but I've only just seen it! I just wanted to say that I can relate so much to everyone's experiences. I now cannot travel on the London underground (haven't done so for many years), go to the cinema or theatre or any other big event where I feel 'trapped' as I experience the most frightening panic attacks. I am also very wary about going in a cafe or restaurant, I have had to get up and walk out quite a few times because the panicky, not being able to breathe feeling comes on. Telling myself to keep calm and just breathe doesn't seem to help at all! What frustrates me is that at one time I would have gone to these places or done these things without a second thought, but panic attacks seem to have crept up on me over the years (I'm now 47) and I'm now finding more situations an ordeal because I just don't know if I will have an attack and have to get up and walk out.

I'm so angry with myself for letting this problem get worse over the years, I also suffer from bouts of Health Anxiety so I guess it's all connected. I just wanted to say that I fully understand what others are going through and that I hope we can all to some extent conquer these anxieties and start to fully enjoy life again. Good luck to you all xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information