Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: side effects of citalopram

side effects of citalopram

Hello!

I have been taking citalopram since just before Christmas (now on 40mg) and was wondering if anyone else gets side effects after 4 months use? Its nothing specific - I feel fine until I take the tablet and then I feel drowsy, not quite with it, a bit weak and shaky and I can't tell if its the tablets, anxiety or there is something wrong with me!

Please help!
    Thanks
    Michelle

Hi

Im taking the same tablets & have'nt (touch wood) had any probs.

For reasurance maybe have a word with your doctor.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Michelle

Yes definitely. I have been on the med a while now and it does the same to me - as you say - kind of weak, lifeless etc. I take the med in the evening quite early and I get that drowsy feeling after. It's strange with this medication because I can get drowsy straight after taking it for a while but then sometimes I lie in bed an can't go off to sleep. Citalapram actually has a reputation for causing insomnia. It's strange because it definitely does make me feel dopey as well.

Take care.

Yvonne

Y Goble

Re: side effects of citalopram

i have been on Citalopram on and off for 6 years. i started on 20mg a day but when first took them i had the euphoria and spaced feeling..i can best describe it as walking like Mr Soft from the british soft mint advert...this wore off within the first week..i did fall asleep each day at around 3pm without fail....and i also felt drunk and anxious in the first month or so. i persisted with them and it was worth while. they started to work but i felt i needed to up the dose, the doctor agreed and again got simlar side effects even after 9 months. they were drasticly milder but because i knew they were normal i just went with it and definatly came out on top.....i now have been on 40mg continuiously (which is the key to winning) and feel life is better than i could imagine....i still get the odd low mood but very rearly...
    WE LOVE YOU CITALOPRAM. good luck its worth it

My doctor advised me to take my tablets before bed, this way should you have these symptoms they are less noticeable and do not affect your daily life.

It works.

K

HEy all , im new to citalopram , and its been ok , but i have some scary incidents out of it all !! on first day , i felt dizzy and weak to the legs and arms , it was scary but i understand it was just taking effect , the other days have been ok until day 6 was enough to say ive had enough , it took like 4 hours to kick in , but when it did , i soon knoew about it , i had this rush of nerves going up both of my arms , i felt lightheaded all day , i got really panicky about the whole situation it made me feel i was going to pass out ... i was so thining of getting ambulance ! ANYONE HERE been through the same scenario !! please reply !!

oh, sounds familiar. Am on the same rollercoaster!!?! These tablets take you down before up according to my counsellor. He suggests give it 6 weeks. I started 3 weeks ago and still get very scary days
    good luck x

Me too. I've only taken one (20mg) this morning and I don't know who I am. If I have to through taking some of these medicines that course so many side effects I might as well try and get better by myself.

Ilona

I'm on my 4th day of 20mg citalopram and am not doing too bad for side effects.

I am a little spaced out and have difficulty sleeping, but am tired, and I can't stop yawning! I have this weired feeling in the back of my throat like its hard to swallow. Anyone else get that? But it seems to be getting better today so am not too worried.

Yes I did feel shaky and sick in the first two days but again that doesn't seem too bad today. Actually come to think of it I slept a little better last night too.

So fingers crossed I'll have an easy ride with it. Good luck with it Ilona hope your side effects wear off in a couple of days.

On my 2nd day of 10mg Citalopram. Having the stomach clenching & fatigue, but overall, not as bad as I presumed it would be. Hopefully,. these will be the only symptoms I get (knowing my luck, properly not). Maybe they should have left out the warning leaflet. Keeping my fingers crossed with this. Good luck to everyone with there courses of Citalopram.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information