Thread: going up to 20mg

going up to 20mg

Hi, after about 12 days of feeling vile on these, I finally think the anxiety etc. is settling down. My question is do you have to go up to 20mg, or would a 10mg dose be enough?

Also, how long shoukd I leave it itoI go up to the 20mg if I decide to. Don't particularly feel like rushing it after the anxiety I have been having.

Thanks
    Anxiouschick
    x

Re: going up to 20mg

Hi,
    I think only you can answer the first question, if you feel Ok then its enough for you, although the therapeutic dose does start at 20mg. But if you feel like you dont need anymore and that life is good again then just stick with it.
    However if its more that you are just relieved not to feel as bad as you did but the original problem is still there then I guess its time to increase the dose. As youve been feeling so rubbish tho maybe you should give yourself time to settle down a bit first. I have to say tho that the side effects for me werent as bad on increasing as they were when I first started so please try and stay hopeful.
    Take care and good luck

Hi
    I started on 20mg but know i have read other people starting on 10mg then upping it. and others who have stayed on 10mg.
    Do what feels right to you although if you up it i dont think you will go through all the side effects again as your body will have already accepted the drug.
    I know how awful the side effects can be. Mine started to get better after about 2 weeks although im having a bad day today.
    Stick with it and i am sure it will be worthwhile.
    Donna x

Hi
    I Started Taking Citlopram 7 Jan Felt Awfull First 5 Days But Then Eased Off Then Last Fri Had Really Bad Day Was At Doctors Anyway With My Little Boy, Doctor Asked How I Was Doing Said So So But Feeling Really Down He Said 10mg Is For Anxiety And 20mg For The Depressesion So He Up Me To 20mg Which I Started That Day Had Crap Weekend Feeling Really Down Was Meant To Be Going Away Sat For My Birthday ,but Could Not Go Felt So Tearfull Didnt Want To Face People Dont No If That Was Tablets Or It Would Of Been There Anyway, But I Did Not Have Any Of The Side Effects Like I Had When First Started. So I Think You Will Be Fine To Up Dose If You Feel U Need To, Feeling So Much Better Now Been Going Out A Bit Which Is Good Because I Had Started To Hibanate Abit, Ok If I Was Out With Someone But Not To Happy About Going Out On My Own, Which Was Unlike Me Always Out And About Even With The Anxiety And Panic, Used To Go Out If I Felt Bad To Help Get Rid Of It, But Gone The Other Way Now Which Is Not So Good But Getting There Now.

With You Luck
    Sandy

I started on 10mg and once I got over the initial side effects felt a lot better. After 2 weeks I decided to up it as I knew that 20mg was the minnimum theraputic dose but found that it didn't make a lot of difference, so reduced it back down to 10mg and stayed quite comfortably on it for 4 months.

Thread Information