Thread: don't know what to do anymore

don't know what to do anymore

I'm on my 5th week of cit so far (10mg) since 19/04/18 and whilst it's been working really well for my anxiety (haven't had an anxiety attack since 18/04/18) my depression is just terrible. I had one good week where I felt nearly normal and now I just feel crap again and on top of this I've noticed my anxiety is creeping back at bit. I feel so hopeless and low about this, I thought I was getting better and I don't understand why my mood is so low. I have the doctors on monday and last time I saw him he was reluctant to increase my dose so if he doesn't increase it this time I just don't know what to do!! I feel so hopeless and like I'll never get better, like my brain is just messed up, I'm so terrified I'm going to feel like this for the rest of my life, I'd give anything to be normal and happy again

Re: don't know what to do anymore

Hi housetoad,
    If you were prescribed diazepam by your doctor, then you can take it when things are really bad. It is quite common to take a benzo while starting cit because, unfortunately, the side effects of cit often include feeling worse before getting better.
    Cit takes 4-6 weeks (or more) to work, so doctors can be hesitant to increase the dosage until a number of weeks have elapsed to be sure whether it is working or not. By Monday, you will be ~6 weeks, so that is an appropriate time to assess your current dosage.

Re: don't know what to do anymore

I'm surprised your doctor is reluctant to increase your dose: 20 mg is considered the starting dose for anxiety and depression. 10 mg. is more of a start up dose to get your body used to the medication. Although I certainly have read of people doing great on 10 mg and less, the majority of people seem to be on 20mg and up.

Do you have a doctor's appointment coming up soon? Maybe schedule one ASAP. With it being almost 6 weeks in on the same dose, I would think at this point you should be having more good days than bad, and the depression and anxiety should be getting just a bit better, rather than worse.

Thread Information