Thread: Panic attack while calm?

Panic attack while calm?

Hi i know ive been a frequent topic creator here. But still need reasurance. How the heck does panic kick in when im calm? Like 5minutes ago i was playing on my console and out of nowhere my whole body was cold and sweaty i mean dripping wet. I managed to control that feeling but im out for the rest of the day. Do these ''flashes'' happen to you too?
    Thanks.

Re: Panic attack while calm?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Something fed those hot coals... that's about the gist of it

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Video games can be surprisingly triggering/stressful. Even if you've played them for years and are used to them.

It's also common for panic attacks to happen out of the blue anyway.

Hi Yarodao,
    It happens to me also while not doing much (watch TV, type email, internet surfing etc.). It only takes a split second for something negative to pop into my mind to trigger a panic. When that happens, I try to redirect my attention away, such as focus on taking a big breath, which sometimes helps the panic to subside and be less intense.
    Last edited by wcs2222; 30-05-18 at 17:38.

Thanks for this. I thought i had it under control but it came back a bit. Just get these stupid jolts at random.

Your subconscious is not calm and quiet, it has its own life and remembers the wrong behavior and wrong thoughts - feed your mind with positive thought and good behavior and your anixety will go away (much much easier said than done)

I also drop into panic with what feels like no trigger, I actually had to quit playing a lot of games that are intense or fast paced like FPS' and suspense games because they would trigger my panic no matter how hard I tried I eventually chose my mental health over games I loved and now stick to casual simulation type games, just my personal experience though, it helped a lot in giving me a calm escape into gaming.

Thread Information