Thread: Panic attack in a museum

Panic attack in a museum

Well I have to say this isn’t my finest moment I’m sitting on n a bench well away from anybody I’m having a panic attack about the fact my leg feels different. It feels weaker then usual and that all I can focus on. I’m sitting here trying to look so calm but in the inside I’m in a huge panic. This was supposed to be a nice trip for my husband and I’m so embarrassed that I’m like this or that I’m even mentioning I feel the way I am such an idiot I feel like a complete mess and failure to him and my family

Re: Panic attack in a museum

Don't be embarrassed, it can happen anywhere!

You can't control the start of a panic attack, but you CAN control what happens from here on. You will still feel anxiety, but maybe just tell yourself you're here to have a nice day with your family, so you'll make the best of it. You don't have to be perfect for the day to be a success.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Having a panic attack absolutely does NOT make you an idiot or a failure!! If you were having a bad day due to something like the flu, would you still think that way? Panic/anxiety are just like physical illnesses, any of us can get them, it's got nothing to do with our character. Hang in there!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information