Thread: 7 weeks on citalopram

7 weeks on citalopram

Hey all,
    I've been on cit 7 weeks now (started 19/04/18) and had my dose increased about a week ago to 20mg. My mood has been significantly better, it feels more fluid if that makes sense, before it was like I could only feel depressed. My anxiety is still here only minimal but it is still uncomfortable. I find myself in a confusing place right now- it feels like I'm getting better, but I'm still not sure, and the idea of it is actually kind of scary. It feels like I'm sort of getting there, as the last week every day has been a good/ok day, but if I think about how I feel it's like 'I think I'm okay?? I don't know??!' I just don't know what to think, I got used to feeling so bad for so long and now I can't remember what normal feels like. I feel like I still need to give it more time. I feel like I can't recognise if I feel normal. Did anyone else get this whilst recovering? What should I do? When did you start to feel normal/better?

Re: 7 weeks on citalopram

The new normal [as i think the medication change some things on a physiological level] was at about the 4th month - feeling of anxiety had subsided and I was just then dealing with daily nagging side effects. If you find yourself having more good days than bad days to the point where you can't remember when the last time you had a bad day - then that's the "new" normal [and you can stop thinking or worrying about it].

Thread Information