Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone it's been a while!!! Weightless help

Re: Taking appetite serpressents on citalopram

What's celexa cravings ?

Cravings caused by taking Celexa (a brand name for citalopram).

Citalopram has a tendency for people to crave carbohydrates to the tenth Power..

What's the worst that can have if medicines clash ?

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

I went onto NHS checker and it said they don't clash with citslopram

If there are no known interactions, and it's a listed substance that you are checking (many supplements contain ingredients not recorded on drugs databases), then they should be fine as long as they state no other warnings to check out. You may have to check the ingredients though as a combined supplement with have a brand name whereas databases list substances and don't tend to care about marketing names.

I've not used the NHS checker (didn't know there was one to be honest) but I use Drugs.com for my stuff. That's a professional database too so can be trusted, as used by professionals & only updated by them.

The cravings issue differ for us all. I had no craving issues on Cit and took it for a few years. I barely put any weight on, maybe a few pounds, so nothing to do with the drug. Some people on meds like this lose weight too. It's when you get into drugs made specifically for appetite stimulation (e.g. Mirtazapine) or drugs known to affect the metabolism (such as antipsychotics) that tend to be the issue.

But I would look towards what you eat too and your exercise. You could be eating foods that aren't good at keeping you full between meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckie4567 View Post
    I have tried really hard for ages sometimes I hardly eat anything all day and still can't bloody loose weight it's ridiculous ������
    It doesn't work like that..

If you don't eat much at all then your body goes into survival mode and instead of burning the fat off it burns off the muscle tissue.

If your body thinks it is being starved by you not eating much then your metabolism will think "oh hang on we need that fat to keep warm and protect us to survive so I better get rid of some other tissue that is using up all the calories" .... which is your muscle tissue. so by not eating much you will lose muscle and the body will put more effort into making the calories into fat because it thinks that is what it needs for survival
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 12-03-18 at 12:02. Reason: sorry no idea why the links were on there..

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yep, it breaks the muscles down into protein to access amino acids that it needs. It can't do that from fat. So it doesn't come to breaking down fat until it needs to.

Losing muscle also means you will need less calories to power existing muscle. Adding muscle means your minimum required calories increases.

Doing it via not eating won't work anyway. You will easily lose weight in water. But once the diet is over you body will adjust again and want you to rebuild it. Yo-yos tend to fail.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 12-03-18 at 05:57.

It's so hard ������

Dietery supplements from health food store all containe high levels of caffeine and other none advertise ingredients..now prescription weight loss pills are a different ball game .and only your doctor can tell you if there is interaction..

I'm going to docters tomorrow so will ask .this post wasn't aimed at me starving myself as I clearly don't as I've put of weight but if people have ever taking food suppressants

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information