Thread: Vague symptoms - worried about blood disorders/cancer

Vague symptoms - worried about blood disorders/cancer

To preface: I'm a 25yo male. I keep getting bizarre symptoms that seem to come out of nowhere: achy/tingling hands, painful armpit on the left side, tingling lips, random scratches, small rashes that go away after a few hours, joint aches, groin pain, lightheadedness, digestive problems/abdominal pain on the left side - some this comes with anxiety, some of it when I think I'm normal. Also, I guess this all started with burning chest pains I noticed during a conference I attended.

I've been to the doctor's heaps of times. They've done full blood work (still waiting on specific blood cell work) and every seems okay (my WBC is JUST 5.1 out of 4-12 in the normal range) but I've also had an abdominal ultrasound and they found that my spleen is a bit above average in size. My grandfather got leukemia in his 60s (only cancer in the family) and, I'm gonna be honest, I've been fixated by this for the last couple of weeks.

The doctors keep telling me that my aches and pains are allergy/anxiety/posture related (I definitely know at this point I suffer from health anxiety) and not to worry seeing as my blood work is fine.

Have any of you had similar experiences/symptoms? This is getting out of control and I can't stop worrying. The doctors seem so cavalier about all of this and I'm having a hard time making sense of what is real and what I'm exaggerating.

So please folks, if you can talk some sense into me, I'd appreciate it! I don't know if I should keep pushing them or just try to ignore it and get on with my life.

Re: Vague symptoms - worried about blood disorders/cancer

i had all off them too at some point, even the weird scratches, and rashes ,
    the best you can do is seek distraction and as crap as it is, wait it out and if it does get worse you can always call the doctor for advice, or do another check up

xx

Thread Information