Thread: Scared! help me :[! i dont know whats going on.

Exclamation Scared! help me :[! i dont know whats going on.

I was just sitting at my computer, feeling absolutly fine. nothing out of the ordinary.....

Then i felt this weird feeling to cry. then i stared thinking "Im going crazy im going crazy!!" Then i felt like i was going insane. like i wanted to roll around in hysterics and have a mental breakdown. I dont know whats going on.
    All these thoughts of "Im going crazy. I need to get to a doctor. whats going on. Must be some brain thing making my go suddenly insane."

I feel like i just want to scream with anger or just....idk.

My dad is telling me its a simple emotional thing with...."women" things. Would it be this kind of reaction?? There was no trigger. I just feel like im going insane. Now im shaking and crying.

My thoughts keep shifting. Then i get this surge of anger too. and its only been like 5 min since this thing started.

I am on Citalopram, but im only 15 and have been taking just 1 10mg tablet. and 2 10mg twice, once last saturday and once today. taking it for 1-2 months now.

It was soo sudden. Just a little twinge of crying then a voice in my head screaming "Im going crazy."

And...now i keep thinking what if i go so crazy i kill someone?" What kind of thinking is that?!?

Anyone have any idea? is this just some women emotional thing? What if i am going crazy?

Re: Scared! help me :[! i dont know whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CABelieve13 View Post
    I was just sitting at my computer, feeling absolutly fine. nothing out of the ordinary.....

Then i felt this weird feeling to cry. then i stared thinking "Im going crazy im going crazy!!" Then i felt like i was going insane. like i wanted to roll around in hysterics and have a mental breakdown. I dont know whats going on.
    All these thoughts of "Im going crazy. I need to get to a doctor. whats going on. Must be some brain thing making my go suddenly insane."

I feel like i just want to scream with anger or just....idk.

My dad is telling me its a simple emotional thing with...."women" things. Would it be this kind of reaction?? There was no trigger. I just feel like im going insane. Now im shaking and crying.

My thoughts keep shifting. Then i get this surge of anger too. and its only been like 5 min since this thing started.

I am on Citalopram, but im only 15 and have been taking just 1 10mg tablet. and 2 10mg twice, once last saturday and once today. taking it for 1-2 months now.

It was soo sudden. Just a little twinge of crying then a voice in my head screaming "Im going crazy."

And...now i keep thinking what if i go so crazy i kill someone?" What kind of thinking is that?!?

Anyone have any idea? is this just some women emotional thing? What if i am going crazy?
    You are not going crazy. The experience yo are having si the result of a sudden release of the hormone adrenalin into your blood stream. This could be the result of stress, anxious times or even, as your dad pointed out, female hormone issues. I get lots of clients of your age telling me about similar experiences. The adrenalin makes you emotional and angry and the thoughts are 'what if' thoughts... they ask the questions " what if I go mad" and 'what if I am going insane". These are just thought patterns fuelled by your high anxiety. Nothing you have said has anything to do with being ill in any way. The anxiety is just an over reaction of a normal bodily mechanism designed to help you when confronted by a 'real' danger so that you are prepared to 'FIGHT' or 'FLEE' from threat. Although it feels uncomfortable and frightening, these are just the sensations and thought of fear BUT, they are NOT TRUE FEAR.

You must learn to understand and accept these thoughts and sensations for what they are and not fear their return becaue although they 'feel' bad, they cannot harm you. If your high anxiety continues though, you need to address it with a structured program of anxiety elimination.

I hope this has helped to calm you and address your concerns.

Take care.

Charles

Hi CA,

If you were going insane you wouldn't be worried about going insane hun.

If that makes sense?

You are having a moment of extreme anxiety but it will pass. just takes deep calming breaths. what else normally helps you to become calm?

Lynnann

even though this has been going on for 6-7 years now lol, im still not very good at the calming process. My dad is usually very helpful, but im home alone at the moment. Im already starting to relax a little, especially after the hyperventilating made me dizzy and i had to sit down :\.
    It cam on so sudden though, and thats why i reacted the way i did.
    ~~~~~
    I had a counsler and a hypnotherapist in 7th/8th grade, but i stopped seeing them after i started feeling better and had a beter control on things.
    This year things started spinning out of control again and my health anxiety just got 100x worse, which is why they started me on Citalopram.

Though i seem even more nervous while im on it.

Hi CA,

It takes a little while before Citalopram starts to work and you sometimes feel worse before you feel better but I am glad that you are starting to relax a little now.

Lynnann

i dislike these pills highly lol.
    I feel a little better now that your telling me about cita.
    But i for some reason have a fear of taking medications?
    And so i get nervous everytime i take it. lol.

Hi CA,

Just give it a little time, there are a lot of members here on them and it works well for them

Lynnann

I really feel for you, i had a very similar experience a few days ago. I've had anxiety before, but a few days a go i had a full blown panic attack and what scared me most was the crazy thoughts that went with it. I felt totally unreal and as if I was loosing control.. I realise now that they are just symptoms, but at the time i was terrifed. It left me a bit spooked for a few days but i tried very hard to carry on as if it wasn't there and now it feels as if it was ages ago!
    Wishing you lots of luck xx

Thread Information