Thread: fast heart

fast heart

hi just wondering if anybody has ever sufferd a really fast heart rate when either falling asleep or waking up suddenly. i have had this a few times lately .i had it about 6 weeks ago.i ended up in casulty as it was over 150 per minute terryifing.they told me i was tachicardiac which is just a name for a fast heart rate.they said it a panic attack but i wasnt anxious at the time .i was just falling of to sleep .it wasnt just a little fast but like i had ran a marothon it was horrendous.eventually it calmed down to about 90.i am terrified it happens again as it was so fast i couldnt even count it thats fast.thank you for any reply take care all

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Hi sweety

I had this in July. Wasn't having a panic attack that I was aware of, just generally anxious. Anyway, because my heart was racing so much I could feel it and then proceeded to have a panic attack. However because the racing heart came first, I didn't recognise the difficulty breathing, numb feet and bladder(!)that followed as symptoms of a panic attack - I thought I was dying, seriously. Anyway, my boss rang an ambulance and it took hours for the rate to go down. Truly terrifying, I know,and it took me a good few days to accept that it was the anxiety that caused the tachycardia, but that was, and still is, the only explanation.
    Hope this makes sense and, possibly, helps.

Carlyxx

hi thanks for this its horrid takecare marcia

hi molly just read your story, my name is joanne and i started with anxiety 3yrs ago, i just hated the feeling of my heart going fast so it was a viscious circle, if i had a drink and i went to bed if i woke up through the night my heart used to race like mad, whether the anxiety was there when i woke up and made it worse i dont know, i wouldnt have a drink anymore, my anxiety is when i can feel my heart pumping faster than it should, even now there are occasions when i wake and i can feel my heart goin abit fast, as long as you have had tests on your heart it will just be anxiety, keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on, buy for now x

thanks for that fisher its not much fun is it take care marcia x

hi molly, ive experienced similar reactions on waking and the gp hasnt said much when ive told him except its anxiety. i notice it most if ive been dreaming. its part of what is the fight or flight reaction we get when were under severe anxiety inside our subconcious. try yoga or relaxation methods as they relax your subconcious mind.

richard

Thread Information