Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Distressed

Very Distressed

Although I realise most of you probably think I am worrying about nothing and overreacting, I am getting more and more panicky and distressed about K.

There was no sign of her on any forum yesterday, which is very unusual, as she goes to one a know at least once a day and often several times during the day. I also did not hear from her.

I hardly slept for thinking about her but was hoping you were all going to be right and she would be around today. However, there is still no sign of her at all.

I am so scared that she has had an accident, or someone has hurt her, or she is seriously ill. She might even have been killed and I would never know:(.

I don't know what to do. I can't stop thinking about her and I am so very totally distraught right now. She has been taken from me and I'll never hear from her again. I can't cope with that. Without her I don't even want to go on.

I am so scared. What has happened to her? I need to know she is OK>

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Karen,

Try not to worry mate, there could be a million very mundane reasons why she hasn't been around.

Love Piglet

Hi Karen,

you know that this is part of the illness. We catastrophise everything. What if this? What if that? It's always the worst case we lead ourselves to.

It is highly unlikely that anything like this has happened.

Take care,
    Trev x

Thanks for all your replies.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I think you know of several forums that K frequents. I’m sure if something was seriously wrong then something would’ve been mentioned on one of them by now.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Nigel - 01 November 2005 : 13:39:52</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Why would there? I doubt it would be the first priority of anyone to notify a forum if something had happened.

I am still panacking.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

She is fine and I've now heard from her[8)].

However, I was right in my other thoughts that I have done something wrong. She is fed up with me now too, not that I blame her at all, and I am panicking that what I'm doing is driving her away.

I'm so stupid and I am ruining everything. What she said in her message is true but maybe I am just past the point of no return. Without her I don't even want to:(

Karen

You are not past the point of no return.

Anxiety plays havoc with your reasoning as you know. You know more than I do about all of this stuff. I do realise it is so different when applying it to yourself. Objectivity becomes near impossible.

You can turn it around Karen. It's not easy and it's not overnight (again, as you know) but you can come back.

Wishing you the best,
    Trev

Thanks for your reply Trev. It is very difficult to apply any of this knowledge to ourselves.

Karen

Right now I don't know how I can even get through tonight, or the next few days.

If K leaves me I'll be so alone. She is the one I cannot live without and being with her would make up for not having the support of my parents or family. Without her I can't do it.

Karen

Difficult but not impossible Karen.

We're all with you and know how horrible the anxiety can be.

Trev x

Hi Karen,

I'm sure she is not sick off you, and i doubt she would just stop all contact with you no matter what, all she wants is for you to get better and i suppose it must be frustrating for her sometimes, its not your fault you have an illness that is controlling you and i'm sure K understands that,

I know there isnt much i can say to you but you will never be totally alone as you have the suport off all the people here,

take care Karen

kairen x

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information