Thread: Ectopic Beats here again

Ectopic Beats here again

Hi Guys

I havn't posted on here for a while but have started going through anxiety again in regards to my heart flutterings/ectopics/missed beats . I have suffered with these things for many many years and it is definately a cycle we go through. I have never been sure whether I get more of the dreaded things which then cause me to be anxious or whether the anxiety causes more of them. Anyway I have started experiencing them often. I have had all the tests, echoes etc and been told many times that my heart is fine and stop worrying. I find a nice relaxing bath helps me but recently, I have been experiencing alot of the flutterings, thuds etc whilst in my bath. I can feel now that I am scared of having my bath because I know I will get them. I don't want to get into the avoidance state again because that will just make them worse. I really want to try and ignore them but easier said than done .

Anyone else experience the same problems?

thanks heaps guys
    Tracy

Re: Ectopic Beats here again

yea, sums up what im experiencing at the moment. we just got back from a great holiday and feeling good and relaxed and what happens? the bumps as i call them. now im uncertain, edgy and wanting to run away from myself. checking my pulse and how i feel at all times, wondering if i should do anything to cause myself to feel any increased heart rate although i can experience that by just ordinary movement sometimes. i try relaxation techniques but i wonder if its a mental thing or do i have a medical problem. ive been checked on a 24 hour tape by the gp who says its nothing to get concerned about but i find that hard to accept.

alan

Hi Tracy , the flutterings you get in the bath is just the change of temparature thats all, its perfectly normal , you are just more aware of it x

Hi Guys

Thanks for your replies. Alan, I do think alot of it is to do with how we're feeling also. Like when we have all the tests etc, we feel reassured for a short while, then we either start to notice them more or else we feel more anxious so we get them more, its a circle really i recon.

Its so good to be able to speak to other people that know what you're going. Not that I wish them on anyone but it sure makes you feel not so alone.

thanks Guys
    X Tracy

Thread Information