Thread: Anxiety and stress

Anxiety and stress

The anxiety is running my life at the moment. I have bp
    and diabetes and am on meds for them along with 20m citalopram. I have fainted 4 times in the last 6 years and took to a&e and told everything was ok but I now find I don't want to go out and find even taking the dog for a short walk a problem as I'm so aware of passing out again. I have various aches and pains and constantly think I have something the hospital hasn't checked for. I turn 70 soon and that's another thing that gets in my head. I contacted the cbt people who, after a series of questions said I suffered low on their ratings and felt I should get on with going about and my symptoms would eventually go but I feel I don't want the challenges it brings as I've done this several times with limited effect.

Re: Anxiety and stress

hi sorry to hear how you're
    feeling anxiety is awful its
    debilitating, have you tried
    breathing exercises or try
    some relaxation music, l
    understand you when you
    say about going out but
    walking is also good for
    anxiety.

Try and be reasurranced by your tests that everything is clear anxiety can take hold of you don't let it keep positive get some hobbies keep busy sending you my best wishes

Thank you so much I appreciate your comments and wish you well in your quest for inner peace.

when i was diagnosed in 97 and agoraphobic i found the cds for relaxing a great help

Are you able to get out, my mother suffered with being unable to go out along with many other complications for many years. My sister had a baby and my mum was jumping on trains and buses having cycled just over 2 miles to get to the station and a 20 mile trip then a further 2 mile walk the other end so she could see her grandson. She did that for several years and her whole life changed because of that baby. Previously she had tablets and electric shock treatment as well as being put to sleep for 2 weeks as the doctors tried to find the answer but nothing worked for them. That seemed a miracle to us and to this day I can't explain how she suddenly changed from a recluse to doing what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by kestral View Post
    Are you able to get out, my mother suffered with being unable to go out along with many other complications for many years. My sister had a baby and my mum was jumping on trains and buses having cycled just over 2 miles to get to the station and a 20 mile trip then a further 2 mile walk the other end so she could see her grandson. She did that for several years and her whole life changed because of that baby. Previously she had tablets and electric shock treatment as well as being put to sleep for 2 weeks as the doctors tried to find the answer but nothing worked for them. That seemed a miracle to us and to this day I can't explain how she suddenly changed from a recluse to doing what she did.
    I love this, i have read a lot about exercise and its affect on those suffering with anxiety and depression. This is something im trying veey hard myself to put into practise.

Thread Information