Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lump in throat/neck

Re: lump in throat/neck

Quote Originally Posted by Daisybun View Post
    Hi Ali, I had a 'lump in the throat' feeling last year for about 4 months accompanied by sore throats and swollen glands etc. all down to anxiety and worry and panic over the symptoms. Didn't actually have a lump at all. You could well have a little gland that has swollen up. Hope you get the appt soon to put your mind at rest

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'
    Oh dear dear.. and all along I was thinking I was abnormal.. Now I know I have company....it looks like this "lump' business is failry common... and stress anxity causing it ?!! On after thought me thinks..that could well be the reason with me.

I have had this "lumpy' feeling on and off.. not very serious though, most prominent on the left side , towards the end of the tongue.

I also consulted an ENT, she advsied me antiacids..for the rest of my life !!!
    So the acid reflux business could well be true as well

I think we need to "NOT THINK" about it

Cheers to you and me

Soon after I found out my now ex boyfriend was cheating on me I noticed a painful lump about the size of a large nut under my chin too. I was on a weekend break to get supposedly get away from the stress when I noticed it and went to my GP as soon as I got home. I was convinced it was an iodine deficieny but my doctor insisted it felt like the normal cartlidge in my neck but that it was swollen and sore, most likely due to the stress id been going through. That put my mind at rest somewhat and a few days later it wasn't painful and the lump was a lot smaller. I haven't had any problems with it since.

I've got this condition, only had it a week and i'm already considering every treatment option, this is a nasty thing.

I have the lump in your throat thing as well. Its not painful but still worrying, good to know other people have similar problems.

Exclamation Re: lump in throat/neck

Hi
    I have had a lump in my neck for over 7 months. It is left of the back of my head in-line with the bottom of my ears just bellow the hairline. It isnt sore and doesnt hurt and is smaller than a kidney bean. I have noticed it frequently changes size and always gets smaller after I have been at work (i work in a busy restraunt as a waiter so maybe when im tired/ worn out). What should I do and what could it be?
    Im Male, 17
    Thanks

Hi all, well the lump has returned for me and it is interesting to note that I have reduced my meds - maybe it is anxiety re-appearing

This too will pass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information