Thread: Frightening acid reflux episode!

Frightening acid reflux episode!

I had the strangest attack of reflux and anxiety this morning.

Having overslept this morning I put my skates on to get to a meeting and sat for an hour whilst attempting to calm down and eat my sandwich. I wasn't feeling too bad until I got up and went to the tea machine. As I was standing talking to a colleague, I felt a red hot flash in my stomach as if someone had stuck an electrode in me, followed by a hot spasm in the muscles under my jaw bone which ran from one end to the other. It made me really light headed with panic although the spasm passed away as quickly as it came on. For the rest of the day I have felt the dull burning acid feeling along my lower ribs and my face and jaw have 'prickled' with anxiety.

I was wondering if any other fellow reflux sufferers have ever had a similar experience with these spasms. Having read that jaw pains are not uncommon of acid reflux (although I can't imagine how!) - possibly a symptom of esophagitis - or equally a symptom of angina or heart problems I'd welcome some other opinion than my own frazzled thoughts. Feeling quite anxious at the moment and downing the Gaviscon!!

Sounds like one of those times where you have just rushed about too much.

I have this problem too sometimes and it can be awful, as you had just eaten or attempted to eat a sandwich I'm sure this had something to do with it.

I wouldn't worry about it being anything other than excess stomach acid and not setting the alarm in the morning!

Hope this helps take care

Steph

Thanks Steph.

I just got a little freaked out, but whilst I am used to the acid attacks, the jaw spasm was odd. I must admit I am pretty tense in the neck and shoulders, coupled with flares of fibromyalgia which causes the most odd pains and spasms. I can feel the tension in my jaw and ears. The shock of the spasm hit my stomach, hence the reflux.

What are your experiences with reflux - not worse than mine I hope.

D.

doe anyone know, can acid reflux cause a sore throat?
    i have been kinda burping a lot after a meal, no pain in the chest, but i taste acid in the back of my throat a lot now..and now i have sore throat .this morn.,i tasted blood in back of my throat for a sec...
    im going to doc today...again!!!...

Re: Frightening acid reflux episode!

Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

Thread Information