Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hell last night

hell last night

was out for friends leaving do on thursday and yes had alot to drink, felt awful friday but it usually wears off, by 10pm at work last night had racing heart, shoulder pain, ringing in ears, tooth/jaw ache &breathless (i have asthma) and couldnt get to sleep on my hours break

Dr has again asked me to do BP when lying down in bed and even tho its conttrolled by meds this morning (saturday) it was 188/91

worried sick ive had a heart attack and havent really had panic attacks except when about to fly on a plane in recent 2 years

any help/advice would be appreciated
    Last edited by JulieJay92; 11-08-18 at 11:11.

Re: hell last night

Hi If you are worried , and I know what worry can do, but to relieve your mind, go to
    A&E or even ring 111 for advice, I did exactly that a few month ago and they were lovely , and said they would rather come out to check than leave it to late,
    I am only advising that to ease your mind

thanks, sadly i cant as working shifts all day again and cant let them down, just back from 1st call, i know from before my bp used to go higher so will check it again in the morning,

hoping it just felt worse as not had 1 in so long, but anxiety has eased (a little bit)

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

just did bp and now 160/80, considering last night at work it was 190/111

I have been told to do my bp twice/three times and take the middle reading,with three minutes in between
    I thought I would ask as I have to take mine every day at the same time and I am surprised at the difference
    I just thought In would ask, might help,

You more than likely have alcohol induced panic. I get it when ever I have too much and it lasts a few days :-( you need a days rest and wash it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ued 2 drink 5 pints r more daily but have reduced this to 2 or 3 with 1 day off and 1 blowout a week, went to chemist in between shifts and chemist said more than likely a mixture of both and to make an appointment this week for drs, which i will do in the morning, as i had been on water retention tabs for 2 mnths which recently stopped and bp has been going up slowly and the tabs had it around 125/70 so she said i may need to go on them again

welsh girl, i used to have to do that but became obsessed doing it thats why it is 3 times a week ay no particular time but this am it was 156/88

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

but my anxiety is deffinately at a heightened state so off to read dr claire weekes book

Quote Originally Posted by leiajulie View Post
    i ued 2 drink 5 pints r more daily but have reduced this to 2 or 3 with 1 day off and 1 blowout a week
    Maybe a re-evaluation of your alcohol consumption would be in order?

Positive thoughts *hic*
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

unsure what you mean fishpa as i have already reduced it to 2 pints 5 days a week, 1 with none - do u think i should go back to having more daily??

Quote Originally Posted by leiajulie View Post
    unsure what you mean fishpa as i have already reduced it to 2 pints 5 days a week, 1 with none - do u think i should go back to having more daily??
    I have no idea where you gleaned that from. Two pints is three 12 oz. beers here in the States. Out of 7 days in the week, you only go one day without a drink and still have one day where all hell breaks loose and you get drunk drunk. I know, even with a relatively low ABV, more than two beers and you're feeling the effects. Do you not see that as an issue? Especially in light of you posting about the physical and psychological affect it's having on you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think the way you reacted to questions over your alcohol consumption says something about it man. I would re consider how many days you drink and maybe cut off some days.

I was similar to you and used to drink 3-4 pints of cider a day with one day off but that wasn’t doing me any good mentally especially when I was put on my tablets so I have now reduced drinking only to Friday and Saturday.

Friday I have 4/5 drinks and Saturday i normally meet with family or friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information