Thread: 2 steps forward, 10 steps back- help

2 steps forward, 10 steps back- help

hi guys

I put a thread on this week regarding going back to work.

I had 2 shifts this week- wed and today.

On wed i did have a massive panic attack in work but was fine after it- i then had 2 days off and have felt really weird- really anxious panicky and dont really know why

I have come into work again today and feel panicky- not as bad as i would- my stomach was really bad this morning (horrible i know) N i just wanna cry

Ppl say to expect set backs but i feel like i have been doing so well but now am back at work am going downhill again- i suppose i just need reassurance from u all that this is just a set back and coz i am back at work- its new surroundings- i honestly nearly drove home this morming but i didnt i stayed and i am enjoying it - i almost feel like a failure and dont wanna put this thread on coz i honeslty was beliving i was better- i know u all understand

advise help anything

xx

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

Re: 2 steps forward, 10 steps back- help

Hi,
    You are doing really well. You have just added something new to your routine (work) and that can cause a little stress. I think you are doing really well. I know you are not feeling good 100 percent of the time, but you are enjoying some of it and you stay. That is such a positive stp forward. As you get used to being back at work you will feel less anxious.
    Take care.
    Michelle

Hi,

You said you nearly drove home, - but you didn't you stayed and then you even enjoyed being there. Even when you panicked you said it wasn't as bad as it has been. Although you found it difficult there are alot of positives in what you have said, I think this shows how much progress you have made!
    I think once you get into the routine of going back to work it will become easier.
    Anna xx

Hiya
    Well done for going back to work and sticking it out, that in itself is a major hurdle to overcome, from my experience its natural to have these set backs hun ive had many, this is the first full week at work i have managed for 8 months so im feeling really please with myself keep up the good work
    all the best to you
    POLLY

Hiya m8 ...1st of all well done for going in 2 work for your second shift
    You are definately not a failure and what u are experiencing is totally normal,and remember u went in both shifts even feeling anxious ..you didnt turn and go home ..this is a big step m8 .

The more you go 2 work and let the anxiety come and go the less it will happen ..so heres a big hug and be pleased with your self m8 xxxx

Titch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Thread Information