Thread: Food Intolerances

Food Intolerances

Can anyone make sense of this for me please

Prior to my blood test results 6 weeks agoI was really wound up and went off food and had upset tum the week before.. Results were great but it took another week or so for my tum to settle.
    Meanwhile, because I had been off my food I wasnt eating as much as before and found that white bread was making me feel a bit bloated and nauseous so changed to Crispbread (Rye) which was fine.
    Ive been doing ok with most types of food but someone suggested I tried Granary bread in place of white.. So, I did today.I had 2 slices and virtually right away tum went fizz, gurgle, pop and such a windy.bloated feel which lasted over half an hour.
    Has anyone had problems with this type of bread ?

Re: Food Intolerances

I'm looking forward to reading your replies Zee! I'm in a similar situation re: an upset stomach (though I think mine's due to catarrh which I can't get rid of plus I had a sickness bug last week). I'm finding that white bread makes me feel sickly and that dark Ryvita's tend to make my stomach more stable. Some types of brown/granary bread make me hiccup and my stomach goes whiz pop bang like yours does!

Good luck with your replies.

when i eat white bread or some brown ,20 mins later my heart beat increases and i kinda feel weird...i would love to know what causes this...its like a mad horrible energy rush...it makes me avoid bread as much as poss...

I think most of the people have problem with the bread and the quality of it. Actually bread is the food that can be old and still looks soft so we can't feel that is old. So basically from that we can have problems. According to my observation we should not eat bread or just take care about the quality of bread.

Someone recommended that I try Spelt Rye bread. So, I bought some at local supermarket and no problems with my tum, I also eat Rye crispbread without a problem.
    I asked at a chemist about the possibility of wheat intolerance and they said a blood test would be advisable and also to keep a food diary,

Thread Information