Thread: Chest Pain!

Chest Pain!

Hi all,

I have been experiencing chest pain for a few days now...it feels like a crushing / aching pain...in the centre of my chest.

I am trying to be rational...thinking maybe a muscle strain (i did some heavy lifting recently), costochondritis?...or maybe just good old anxiety...but the doubts are creeping in about heart attacks...ulcers...etc...

Any advice or reassurement guys?...I am 32 by the way and just had an extensive batch of blood tests come back normal.

Thanks,

CW

Re: Chest Pain!

hiya

i would most probably say it was your anx or that you have lifted something to heavy ,but wont do harm to go get it checked out.
    a lot of ppl with ps,s and anx get this so try not to worry

Jodie x

HI CW

I agree it's best to get this checked out, but I periodically suffer from chest pains/aches which I've put down to anxiety. I have had a couple of ECGs which have been normal.
    Despite this, I still get those doubts about heart etc, which increases the anxiety! Vicious circle!

Of course, it could well be muscle pain from the lifting.

Check out the reasons for chest pain on the symptoms page - I found this useful and re-assuring!

Hope you feel better soon!

Jayney

Thanks for the advice and support Jodie and Jayney...the pain seems to have eased today...guess it was just a strained muscle or anxiety....i suppose i would have known about it by now if it had been anything more serious.

CW

Hi there
    Since my recent bout of anxiety i have been a bit breathless and and the odd twinge in my chest too. I have seen both the doc at the A&E(After suffering a couple of bad anxiety attacks) and my Gp. Between them i have had the blood tests, chest xrays, ECG (at least i think it was that...electrodes connected all over my chest, arms and legs, then the doc took a print out) and lung capacity test. All of these were normal. Like you im still not 100% convinced that its normal to feel this way and worry about my heart...but im sure this is all anxiety related otherwise the docs would have done more tests?
    Keep your chin up
    Robert

Thread Information