Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headache

headache

Sorry to keep moaning on but I have had a pounding head all dayand I have put this together with the feelings I had this morning and again I am convinced its something up with my brain e.g tumour.
    :(

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

Hi Steno,

Im with you here...I have constant headaches every morning for the past 5 years!! I was convinced its somthing bad but I think if it was then I dont think i'd still be here now! Only now have I got somthing form the docs as they think its migranes!

Anyways... I'm sure you will be fine - ive had a banging heache all day which worried me, but teamed with the hot weather here today (dunno bout where you are) I think its just given me a heache.

Maybe haveing a lay down for a while will take the edge off it...you will be fine & I hope you feel better..PM me if you wanna chat.

Tatty B xx

hi steno,
    it's sometimes difficult to get worrying thoughts out of our head - i'm so with you on this one! if you have been to a doctor and been reassured there is nothing wrong with you then i am sure your headaches are just a result of your anxiety, hot weather today etc.
    it's difficult to distract yourself when you are suffering from anxiety symptoms, but it really will help. watch a film, go for a walk, have a nice bath with some eucalyptus which is very good for clearing the head.
    hope you feel better soon,
    henri x

My head never feels 100% right. I have a horrible headache feeling at the moment. It comes and goes but is always there somewhere in the background..There is nothing wrong with you - we all have these feelings and get paranoid about them. Don't worry..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

The same goes for me too.... I always feel pretty 'heady'. Sometimes they turn into full blown migraines and I will spend half a day or at worst a day sleeping them off feeling terrible. I've had a headache for the past 3 days now which I put down to the weather. I forget about it until I bend over and feel the throb, then it lingers on again for a while and dies down.

Mark

I suffer with wicked migranes and they always turn my face numb and I am convinced I am having a stroke.

Have you tried "4head" - it comes in a little bottle and helps to take the pain away without painkillers.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi,
    My first panic attacks seemed to be brought on by the worry of migraines, which incidently, I only ever got when I was pregnant. But the thought of one coming was terrifying. I used to get a 'blind spot' and then a banging headache.

Even now, when the panic isn't centred around headaches, I still let them scare me when I get one. I've woken up this morning with a headache and am feeling shaky and sick. It is all to do with our anxieties about health.

Hope you feel better today, take care,
    Love, Linda.xxx

Thanks 4 all the advice guys.
    I will try 4head and see if that makes any difference.

When I lean 4ward I get the pounding worse than ever.

All the best

steno -x-

I now believe that the headache is just the weather because I had not got a bad head today when I woke up,
    but now because the sun is out again, and, to make things worse, there is no breeze I have the same headache as yesterday.
    But thanks to all you lovely caring people I am no longer worried about it.
    Well with the way anxiety goes i will probably ne needing more advice about another symptom by tomorrow...

All the best

steno -x-

Steno,

Thats normal for many sorts of headaches when you lean forward or move about suddenly.

Do ensure you're well hydrated. When I first met my current bf I was horrified how many headache tablets he got through for pounding headaches so I decided to see what other things we could implement instead.

We found that at the start of a pounder if he drank 2 pints of water it would go within 30 mins (he's 6'4'' so needs lots of fluid) but if he didn't hydrate soon enough it made no difference but hands/ arms in cold water did help.

If he slept too heavy or was too hot that would start one so now have 2 quilts and change to a lighter one during the night if need be.

I would say we've dropped need for tablets by about 85%.

Aromatherapy does also help but harder to get his compliance with this..Refuses to 'go round smelling like some flower or another - Anadin doesn't smell ! '

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information