Thread: I really feel like I must be dying :(

I really feel like I must be dying :(

In June I had a nasty chest infection, followed by a bad cold. I was ill for around six weeks.
    Over the summer I was quite well.
    In September when I went back to work (I am a teacher) I got a bad cold followed by tonsilitis. I then got another virus, and I got a second round of tonsilitis and also conjunctivitis. That was before Christmas.
    Over the Christmas holidays I was ok, then since returning to work I had a cold which has now got worse and turned into sinusitis.
    That's eight illnesses since June. I feel very unwell, I don't have a temperate but I feel very exhausted, run down and flu like. My nose is congested, I have had headaches, I feel like I am never going to be well again. I feel like I must have leukamia or lymphoma or something. I am NEVER well. I'm also worried that if it isn't cancer then I must have ME or something. I just have no immune system.
    My Dr gave me a form for CBC but I lost it so now I need to call and get another one. To be honest I am terrified of what it's going to show.

Re: I really feel like I must be dying :(

Hi Cattia.
    I had a similar situation around March time, I had horrible cold and flu like symptoms, then when I got over that I had strep throat which then mutated into fully blown tonsilitis! I was feeling rubbish for a good few months and I was so freaked out by it all because I had never really been properly ill with anything before. This is what set off my HA. You think you have lymphoma, I thought I had mouth cancer. Turns out I was just really stressed and run down, which allowed me to get a whole host of rubbish bugs.
    I'm sure you're the same, especially with all the cold and flu bugs knocking about!
    Feel better. X

Maybe your immune system needs a bit of a boost?

Hi I'm a teacher too and was ill all over Xmas with laryngitis. 4 weeks later still have a sore throat. Had all my blood tests back and were clear. Think it's the job we are in and the time of year. Also take vit C every day and it hasn't helped! Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much for all the relies.
    I have tried to boost my immune system by taking a strong multi vitamin every day and getting more sleep and also drinking organic juice. However it hasn't helped.
    I am worried like crazy about getting the CBC done. I had it in June and it was ok but I've been so ill since then.
    I guess I am run down because my job is very full on and I have two young children. I have a lot of work to do, every evening I just get ready for the next day which takes hours and I have no time for myself. I don't see that changing though.

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    I guess I am run down because my job is very full on and I have two young children. I have a lot of work to do, every evening I just get ready for the next day which takes hours and I have no time for myself.
    Dang! Anyone would feel run down with a schedule like that and too young ones. Do you have a partner/husband or perhaps a friend or relative that can take the kids occasionally for a few hours so you could get some much needed "me" time?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishmanpa. My husband also works six days a week so he is tired too. My parents are fantastic but they help us out with childcare while we work so I don't like to ask them for too much more. I have one day off a week and I have ended up looking after my friend's two children as well as mine in the afternoons because she and her husband are going through a relationship breakdown and are going to marriage guidance counselling. It's too much for me, it's my one day off to do things with my kids so I have told her I can only do it for another two weeks then she will need to get something else arranged. I feel bad as she has no family in the area and I do, but at the same time I have the day off to spend with my kids and looking after someone else's is just more work.
    Anywhow, didn't mean to rant there. I have started doing creative journaling. I don't have tome every night but when I do it's great. I used to belong to a writer's group and I have arrnanged to join them again for their next meeting in March so that's something to look forward to. I feel like I need to get my CBC done so I can stop worrying what might be causing this and focus on getting better.

There you go Cattia you have answered your own question. You are obviously doing too much. I know how difficult that can be with your workload but something will have to give.

Thread Information