View Poll Results: How many drinks (say pints of larger)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

10 19.61%

11 21.57%

7 13.73%

5 9.80%
  • 5+

18 35.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

Hello all.

Thought this would be a helpful guide to people who are feeling better when taking citalopram, how much alcohol have you drank and felt well after,

I'm off to a wedding in a month, and want to know how people felt, I don't drink often so thats not an issue

thanks MO
    Last edited by bigmo; 18-06-09 at 14:41.

Re: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

i was on them for years from my experience you cant drink at all you feel terrible for the week after and your symtons are worse than ever,i used to get very angry and at the time ur drinkin you get drunk after about 4 beers then after about 8 you dont remember anything

I find you do get drunk easier, but the more you drink the worse you feel, its not happy drunk more tired!

I went out drinking for 4 nights in a row, the anxiety on the 5th day was terrible, the symptoms stayed wth me for quite a few good days, not very nice. I would suggest that if you do intend on having a good wash, then I would drink quite moderately, you feel crap the next day but don't we always! Just take it easy and enjoy the wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    I find you do get drunk easier, but the more you drink the worse you feel, its not happy drunk more tired!

I went out drinking for 4 nights in a row, the anxiety on the 5th day was terrible, the symptoms stayed wth me for quite a few good days, not very nice. I would suggest that if you do intend on having a good wash, then I would drink quite moderately, you feel crap the next day but don't we always! Just take it easy and enjoy the wedding!
    Same!!! These days, one glass of wine and I'm anyone's I used to be a hyperactive drunk, but now I'm sleepy and lethargic. Good thing is though, it's made me drink less on a night out if I want to stay late; I'll crash at midnight if I don't stop drinking

Thanks all, from looking at the vote results there's quite a lot of difference, just shows we are all individuals

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
    Thanks all, from looking at the vote results there's quite a lot of difference, just shows we are all individuals
    People are not always honest when it comes to how much they drink You only had a two of replys but eight votes????
    steer well clear of alcohol is what i read from the answers given
    I DID NOT vote - I don't drink or take meds - therefor this is a personal opinion on what i have read
    June

Also you are asking how many drinks? But is that how many alcoholic drinks you have per week or how many pints do you get through on a regular night out?

just on a typical night out, I just want to know if it send people sad/happy etc..

I'd stay of the alcohol anyway due to it being a depressant. Goes against how the anti-depressants work and so forth.

As far as I can tell citalopram does not react badly with alcohol. I would question the wisdom of getting plastered though due to the depressive nature of alcohol so make sure you limit your intake and avoid spirits.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information