Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could the pill be making me worse??

Could the pill be making me worse??

Hi,

Just a quick question..... has anyone found their anxiety/panic attacks etc become worse since taking the pill?

Iv been on the cerazette pill for just under 5 years now, and over the last few months iv had irregular bleeding (bleeding about 4 times in 5 weeks!) tummy and back ache and felt my mood has got worse!

I have days where i cry for no reason, and then a couple of days later im bleeding again...

I know the pill can play havoc with hormones etc and im just wondering if we're more vulnerable to panic etc if our hormones are all over the place??

Any advice would be appreciated, as im thinking of coming off the pill x

P.s - does anyone know whether u can just stop the pill even after 5 years, or do i have to go to the doctor before i stop??

Re: Could the pill be making me worse??

I too am on cerazette, and yes it can make the bleeding irregular.

I stopped taking cerazette a few months ago and i found i got very hormonal so ended up back on it, i didn't need to go to my docs to come off it.

sorry if i've not been much help

di xx

Thank you for your advice.

I think i might try coming off it, if anything to give my body a break!
    Iv been on it 5 years now and had about 4 and a half years fine with it! Bleeding was irregular but that was fine... just in the last 6 months or so iv been getting bad stomach pain, back ache, a dragging feeling, dark bleeding every week or so and generally feeling abit up and down.... so its worth a try i guess! Like u, i can always go back on it if it doesnt help... Did u get any side effects when u came off it?? xx

no hun, and bleeding went back to normal, i didn't just go back on it because i was hormonal, there were other reasons, but i do have to come back off it again in a few months, and like you i think it does you good to give your body a break from it.

di xx

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Is Cerazette a progesterone only pill? (Do you take it all the time, or have a 7 day break per month?) My GP wouldn't put me on a progesterone-only pill, as he said it would probably make my depressive moods worse. It can make you feel like you have PMT all the time, apparently.

I'm taking a combined pill again, after a two year break. I went back on it because my PMT was horrendous (I was suicidal), and my moods have been much much better.

Dahlia

Just checked and it is progesterone only. I'd really recommend you switch to a combined pill if that's an option. (But obviously speak with your GP)

Dahlia

yeah its progesterone only... Take it all tthe time with no break.
    Thank you for your advice, think im going to make an app with my docs!
    He cudnt put me on a combined pill because i suffer with migranes but il see what my options are when i go. Thnks again

I found with the combined pills I had stomach problems and it messed with my IBS as well as my moods - I was unable to eat and got quite emotional as well as more anxious. Once switching to the POP Cerazette this all improved.

Quote Originally Posted by mumble View Post
    I found with the combined pills I had stomach problems and it messed with my IBS as well as my moods - I was unable to eat and got quite emotional as well as more anxious. Once switching to the POP Cerazette this all improved.

Sounds like it's 'horses for courses' then.

I was on cerazette and had to stop taking it as my anxiety and panic was sky high. Instead of just getting PMT it was lasting all month. It was awful.

I had to go on to the POP because of migraines too. In the end I decided to stop taking the pill altogether and instantly felt my mood and attitude change.

The last pill I took wasn't as bad as the others though and that was a POP. It was micrnor. Might be worth trying? Different hormones in it to cerazette.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information