Thread: Is there a way out of this hell?

Is there a way out of this hell?

Hi all, I'm a 23 year old man and I believe I'm suffering from some kind of severe social anxiety which all started when I started to get really bad acne at the age of 17 (something I'm still battling to this day), I found I couldn't make eye contact while talking to people, even my closest friends and family, I would go bright red just talking to people too, especially strangers.
    Things got much worse when I was 19 and my hair started to fall out at a rapid rate, there is a history of male-pattern baldness in my family so I expected to go bald some day but not at the tender age of 19! I suspect the hair loss was accelerated by the stress of having acne.
    Going bald on top of having cystic acne just threw me into a spiral of depression and my social anxiety- I pushed all my friends away and only left the house to go to work and then only while wearing a baseball cap and I'd just prey that nobody I knew would come over to me and start talking in the street because it would send me into a fit of blushing sweating and stammering.
    Nothing has really changed in four years since, I'm still bald I still have acne and I'm still socially retarded and I still look like sh!*, I'v seen homeless drug addicts who look less rough than me, I look like something out of a sci-fi horror and thats no exageration.
    I'v just accepted it as a lifestyle but I'm not sure I can take much more, I sometimes go to sleep and hope not to wake up.
    The one thing that has changed in my life is the fact that I'v lost my job- the one thing that was keeping me together, the one shred of self-respect and dignity that I had left, my only purpose in this cold superficial world....gone.
    The solution- get another job, yes easy enough if you're not me, easy for a normal person.
    But that would involve leaving the house.....*shock horror* without wearing a baseball cap and then holding a conversation with a "person in authority" without getting all sweaty and red and freezing up, I can't do that.
    Will someone please shoot me in the back of the head and put me out of my misery?
    Thanks to anyone who's read this far, I just needed to vent my self pitty apart from that
    I'm not really sure what the purpose of this post is, I guess I just wanted to make a connection with anyone who can offer some advice or someone who can relate to what I posted just so I know I'm not alone.

Do I need psychiatric help?

Hi there and welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I think that you would benefit from some sort of self-esteem course as that will help you to feel better about yourself.

Just remember that we are all unique and individual and what you see in yourself may not be what other people see in you.

It is what is inside that counts more.

I am sure you will get more replies soon so stick around ok?

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Hey socialretard. I am pretty much identical to u. 24, i get the same blushing and sweating talking to others. Mine kicked in around the same time (17) due to exam stress and stuff and I am still suffering. I would advise u go to ur doctor and get some meds maybe as u seem pretty low. I take diazepam sometimes for real tricky situations like job interviews where i just wdnt go otherwise. This is good for short term situation but in the long term i would advise buying a self help book or go to an anxiety management programme through ur doctor to overcome the root cause of your problems. It is really hard but the only way to overcome it (or atleast learn to manage it better) is to face it. In small steps this is manageable. There are ppl out there who will sympathise and plenty of help if you know where to look. Hope this helps.

Hi There,

A big warm welcome to you. You will find everyone here is lovely and will support you all they can. We are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Hi and welcome.You will get lots of support here,and helpfull advise.

Ellen XX

First so sorry about your job. Secondly stick around, NMP is a comfort.

Maybe you should see a doc. Or look into Rescue Remedy(herbal thing you spray into your mouth and it calms you down) I just got it about a week ago and it really helps...for me, some people don't seem to notice any difference.....

Meanwhile one of my friends had a problem with acne and started using a kit for acne- face washes that you use everyday. I want to say its Pro-something but I just took my cold meds so who knows.

If you feel....er...uncomfortable about your face and hair maybe you could exercise and tone up your body? Besides some women(or men whichever way your boat floats) think bald heads are sexy.

Either way going to sleep and never waking up doesn't make you happier, it just gives you an ultimatum.

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-You are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

yes i know exactly how you feel when you say go asleep and not wake up, in fact i thought i had come up with that

Listen, you've gone through so much with the acne, hair loss and then lost your job so naturally you are feeling awful your self confidence has got rattled.

definitly talk to your doc about how you are feeling and maybe he prescribe something to help the social anxiety you are experiencing.
    Try to join a club/group until you find a job please don't isolate yourself, and......Above all Good Luck U are not alone buddy!!!

dude. dont even stress.. these people hear are amazing they will help u so much out of this. and so will god

brandon town

Thread Information