Hi, Ive had agoraphobia for four years now, during this period I had a support worker who visited every week and I was doing reasonably well until I started having panic attacks at the thought of him calling so I gave up the support.
Since June last year I havent ventured any further than my local area , always with my partner, either walking the dogs or cycling.
I cant get to the dr's even though my asthma is really bad and has been for many months, the dr's is only a mile away. I'm worried that there is something seriously wrong but I still wont go.
I'm struggling to do my sewing which I enjoy, because I'm struggling to see what I'm doing, my eyes need testing and I cant or wont go to the opticians.
I dont think I push myself enough, but thats the whole point of agoraphobia, the avoidance.
Do any other agoraphobics just resign themselves to the fact that they will always be like this. Its such a demoralising illness, that Is in a way self inflicted, I have let this get a grip on me, sorry for the moan, just wondered if anyone else felt the same, thanks Ang