Thread: Help is this bad constipation ??

Help is this bad constipation ??

I have the worse full / bloated / pressure feeling in my stomach just below my ribs feels like my food is stuck there and my belly all feels solid pressure all below my belly button and in my lower back but i just cant eat as am getting bad nausea i did open my bowels yesterday a little bit but am still feeling full and i cant stop panicking about it 24/7 i keep thinking that maybe am not constipated and its something else i don't no what !! doc gave me lactalose but am taking that and still not going.... what can i do to get me to open my bowels & get me eating am losing to much weight not eating if i rub that feeling below my ribs i burp a bit but its not getting rid of the feeling
    also having -

nausea
    pressure above pubic bone
    pain above left hip right at bottom
    heaviness feeling
    feel sick after meals (if i do eat anything)
    fullness all just below ribs
    lower back pain
    bubble / popping feelings in stomach
    no appetite
    belly feels solid
    swelling abdomen
    pain mainly all under left ribs downwards

its really getting to me now i cant cope not eating ..........

had all x-rays / ultrasounds etc all clear can this just be constipation (id drink pure orange but that kicks off my acid )
    Last edited by honeyp1e; 26-03-11 at 12:34.

Re: Help is this bad constipation ??

Hi honeyp1e all the pains and sensations you are getting are exactly same as mine although im not constipated all the time but when i am the pains are just the same which goes to show it is symptoms of ibs wether its constipation or not we are all getting the same symptoms to an degree ive been in to town with my daughter and sister today and had lunch and as soon as it touched my stomach the cramps and bloated feeling came on and spoilt the rest of the outing and it feels just like yours so i think its the ibs that gives us our symptoms wether we have runs /constipation or normal poo sorry tmi its how our bowels are spasming that causes most of the pain and dicomfort and bloating definatly effects your appetite x

Re: Help is this bad constipation ??

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    Hi honeyp1e all the pains and sensations you are getting are exactly same as mine although im not constipated all the time but when i am the pains are just the same which goes to show it is symptoms of ibs wether its constipation or not we are all getting the same symptoms to an degree ive been in to town with my daughter and sister today and had lunch and as soon as it touched my stomach the cramps and bloated feeling came on and spoilt the rest of the outing and it feels just like yours so i think its the ibs that gives us our symptoms wether we have runs /constipation or normal poo sorry tmi its how our bowels are spasming that causes most of the pain and dicomfort and bloating definatly effects your appetite x

its horrible the way we have to go through this i HATE it so much esp the no appetite as am trying to recover from an eating disorder right now but i no the main thing i need to sort out first is my anxiety which is sky high right now but it all boils down to my stomach cos as soon as my stomach kicks off my anxiety does.... i hate it when were having a good day then the next minute are stomach just bloats up etc.... really puts a downer on the day and i can't ever seem to get rid of the bloating its gets so bad i look pregnant worse is it makes you feel dead sickly and have no energy and very tired (well this is how it makes me feel) i have found some trigger foods (mainly chocolate) which i LOVE so finding it hard staying away from that i can for a few days then i break lol but when your belly goes into a tight spasm there the worse.... just wish i knew how to un-do it or banish it and top it all off constipation don't help x
    are you on any meds etc for your IBS ?

Thread Information