Thread: Re: Introducing Myself!!!

Re: Introducing Myself!!!

hi, i,m new to this site. Just started suffering from anxiety and stress attacks. I have known nothing like this, feeling lightheadiness and legs like jelly. Dr precribed Propranolol. Took one last night and felt ok but could'nt sleep all night. Dr precribed 40mg twice a day. Rang an emergency dr today and he said it would take two weeks to kick into my system, my own dr did'nt mention this. My own dr said just take them when you feel stressed, but the emergency doc said take two for two weeks to kick in, then see your dr. Does anybody know when i will start feeling better, as at the moment i can,t eat or sleep. Thanks for any advice.

Hello andrea,
    Welcome to the site, not sure about the meds you're taking but i'm sure you'll find the help and support you need here(try the forum page under medication) Best wishes xx

hello andrea
    welcome to nmp I too am not sure about your medication but if you are unsure call your dr or go on monday say its an emergency I hope your gp is an understanding one. try a relaxation tape . Im sure there is advice on here you take care xx deb

Hi Andrea,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of help and advice here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

thanks deb, i'll try the relaxation thing, hopefully i might get a better nights sleep tonight.

Welcome to NMP - you'll get all the support you need here and people who really understand anything you talk about!!! I haven't any experience of your meds but I repeatedly told myself I would sleep and it worked somehow a few months ago and I've had very little disturbed nights since. That followed about 3 weeks of no sleep but the gp also gave me buspar to help me settle during the day so this could have helped too. The power of positive talk is facinating and was recommended by someone on the site.
    Good luck and take care
    Chantelle

thanks guys. I find this site brilliant, its great to share your problems and worries.

Thread Information