Thread: Ladies who have had breast lumps

Ladies who have had breast lumps

Hi all i had a rock hard 1cm lump in my boob in march went through the helll of the breast clinic etc & a biopsy and it was a milk cyst. It drained when she did the biopsy. I have very sore boobs at the mo & happened to feel where the cyst was & to my horror the lump is back its smaller but def there. have anyones cyst on here refilled?? Googled & it said refilling cysts can be linked to cancer. very worried & really cant face going through the whole surgery thing again :(

Re: Ladies who have had breast lumps

Hi Tash

I haven't had this myself, but my best friend, went through the same thing, she had the whole breast clinic, scan, drained the cyst, only for it to return about 4 weeks later, back and drained again, guess what ? a few months later the same one filled up again, and they found another one while they did the scan, but i dont think they drained that as it wasnt big enough, after that she had another one, and again was drained, touch wood so far she has been free for about 6 months, the consultant, said it was more than likel related to hormones, not to worry about it, but gave her the direct number to the hospital if she had to go back yet agin.
    I dont think there is an increased risk of cancer due to cysts, speak to your dr, and DONTgoogle, i know its hard, but it just causes uneccesary distress. xx

Take care

P x

Hi There thanks for your response i expected the cyst to refil within weeks like you mention but this has been 7 months :( its just so depressing x

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Hi all i had a rock hard 1cm lump in my boob in march went through the helll of the breast clinic etc & a biopsy and it was a milk cyst. It drained when she did the biopsy. I have very sore boobs at the mo & happened to feel where the cyst was & to my horror the lump is back its smaller but def there. have anyones cyst on here refilled?? Googled & it said refilling cysts can be linked to cancer. very worried & really cant face going through the whole surgery thing again :(
    Years ago when I stopped breast feeding I ended up with a cyst. The hospital drained it whilst doing an ultrasound scan, but a few days later I could still feel the lump. I went to my doctor & she drained a bit more off. To be honest its never been completely flat since, but I put that down to maybe a bit of scar tissue where the needles went in? Didn't know it was connected to cancer though!?

Yes I can still feel a little lump where mine was. I don't think mine ever went down properly because I could still feel it after it was drained. I wouldn't think it was anything to worry about because they would have tested the fluid they drained off and as it's in the same place I would have thought it was the same cyst which just never went away properly. I might have a word with the doctor to see what she says next time I go.

Thread Information