Thread: Sore Throat / Sinus / Hyperventalating?

Sore Throat / Sinus / Hyperventalating?

I have been reading the forums, trying to find my condition. I see lots of tight throats, lumpy throats, swallowing problems. Not too many sore throats. So I am looking to see if anyone has similar issues, and survived it.
    I have been fighting some sinus issues, since the forest fire smoke arrived a couple weeks ago. Nose is dry and sore, yet plugged often.. Neck has been very sore in the muscles, and is now very sore almost all the time. It is like I have breathed it sore if that makes sense? I have been trying to breath in through my nose and out my mouth, but I can't get enough air it seams. It has been just over two weeks.

Has anyone had a sore throat/neck for a considerable amount of time? It seems that I hyperventilate, but I have never really dried my throat out before. I am trying saline in the nose, sinus flushes. I have GERD, under control, and I grind my teeth at night alot. So I do get sore neck muscles.
    No problem swallowing, eating, talking or anything. None of that hurts. Seems to be higher up than that.. upper back of throat,windpipe..

Trying to calm down and breath right. The more I breath, the sorer it gets. Anyone have similar or ideas?
    Last edited by cinny; 31-08-10 at 16:36. Reason: spelling error

Re: Sore Throat / Sinus / Hyperventalating?

Your nose will be dry, sore and plugged from breathing the smoky air. Breathing through your mouth will dry your throat. The pain in your neck is most probably due to tension from anxiety related to your breathing problems. I would not recommend that you use saline or flush your sinuses without advise from your doctor. Has no public information been provided for symptoms of smoke inhalation?

Re: Sore Throat / Sinus / Hyperventalating?

I think that you are probably right. It maybe a combination of things at once, instead of one big problem. I have been using the saline rinse and my nose/sinus are still dry. But I am seeing an improvement in the sore throat. Muscles are still very stiff and sore, but I have noticed that my shoulders are hunched up around my ears. I have to remind myself to calm down and relax. Thank you for your reply, I was worried that I was the only one that had that combination of symptoms.

Thread Information